Candling Day 14......Help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Corey NC, May 5, 2007.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I tried to candle today (day 14), I have 6 batam eggs and 4 standard eggs (set a day after the batams). 2 of the batams look clear but I am gonna leave them any ways, the rest of the batams seem to be filled half full or more with a black mass, am I right in assuming that the black masses are chicks? In the standard eggs there are also black masses and veins but do not fill up as much of the eggs as the batams. Is this because of there size or because of being set a day later?

I did not see any movement in the batams because all I saw was darkness. In the standard eggs I only saw a little movement.

Any one willing toclue me in on what I saw?

2. chrissieg

chrissieg Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks good to me. I found it helpful to candle an egg that hadn't been incubated just as a reference. You may find it helps you make up your mind about the doubtful bantam eggs :|

Roll on day 21!!

3. gavbarker

gavbarker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    East yorkshire uk
    good news i would say i wouldnt be too botherd about the mass diffrence inside the 2 diffrent typs of eggs all breeds etc are going to form a bit diffrent.

4. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Thanks, thats reasuring. Should I candle agian on day 17 or just let them be?

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  5. chrissieg

chrissieg Chillin' With My Peeps

See how you feel, just don't drop 'em!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by