Candling eggs day 16, AMAZING!!!

Newby777

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2020
I am new at incubating. My kids and I just candles our 21 eggs we’ve received From neighbor friends. It is day 16 for us. I had ZERO expectations for live chicks because I figure there is a learning curve. But we candled them tonight and at least 7 have both vascular and chicks MOVE!!! I am totally amazed!!!! A-maxing!!!!
5 had a clear “bubble” at the top? Some are completely clear. At this point should I remove the clear one’s? Do they pose a risk to the others being in the incubator together?
There are a few I can’t 100% tell if they are viable or not.
Thanks for any help in advance!!!
🐣 🐥

I am new at incubating. My kids and I just candles our 21 eggs we’ve received From neighbor friends. It is day 16 for us. I had ZERO expectations for live chicks because I figure there is a learning curve. But we candled them tonight and at least 7 have both vascular and chicks MOVE!!! I am totally amazed!!!! A-maxing!!!!
5 had a clear “bubble” at the top? Some are completely clear. At this point should I remove the clear one’s? Do they pose a risk to the others being in the incubator together?
🐣 🐥
I should say, those with a bubble at the top are clearly live and I can see the chick and movement! So COOL!!

🐣 🐥
Isn't incubating addicting? Lol!
I agree with the others, the bubble is the air cell. If the egg doesn't have it I would be concerned. It plays a very important role in the hatching process. And yep, any clears can be removed. If any are questionable, post a candling pic of it and we'll let you know.

Isn't incubating addicting? Lol!
I agree with the others, the bubble is the air cell. If the egg doesn't have it I would be concerned. It plays a very important role in the hatching process. And yep, any clears can be removed. If any are questionable, post a candling pic of it and we'll let you know.
Yes!!! It is!! Ok I will check later today and post a photo of any in question!! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom