Candling Help!!!

BantamBud

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 31, 2011
Lockport,NY
I need some help I have some serama eggs.I am having a hard time candling them thay are 3 days old in the incubator.Will the others grow at a different pace or should thay all grow at the same time?
I labeled the pictures of 2 eggs.
105319_p9020107.jpg

I don't think this one is good is it?
105319_p9020108.jpg

I am really hoping at least 2 hatch
fl.gif
.I have 6 little eggs.

they both look good -but you shouldn't candle until AT LEASt day 5 to see positive results. I wait at least a week before candeling-I want to be sure I know what I'm looking at-they do grow at different rates to some extent-good luck
thumbsup.gif

Three days in the 'bator, and you have no experience candling? I have to wait at least 10 days to be somewhat certain what I'm seeing, and even then won't toss anything for another week unless it starts stinking!

Am I a nervous nelly about rushing it, or are you unusually brave?

Quote:
both!
lol.png
I toss at day 7 if they are clear-its obvious at 7 good and bad ones-total clear at day 7 gets pitched and sign of growth make it until the next cut off at day 14:)

Thank you sooo much!!!I was soo worried about them:)This is my first hatch.Some one at tsc told me to candle them at 3 days so thay wont creak and infect the other eggs.

Thanks!!!
smile.png
And i was worried about them infecting the other eggs:lau I feel very embarrassed now.Thank you i bow to you sonew123
bow.gif

Quote:
aww stop Im blushing-I just hatch too much is all
gig.gif
Im almost to the point where I'll load the bator and realize 10 days have passed! I check temp and humidty 2-3x a day and walk away-Since I have a brinsea 40dx-I don't have to do anything except add water 1-2x a week than forget about them! LOL-I have even forgotten when lockdowns are and hatching days-then i hear chicks peeping and I have to run to my calendar to check what day it is! Glad to help:) Good luck!!!
ya.gif

I have learned to never listen to people at farm stores... they generally have NO CLUE!
I have my first batch of eggs in right now too. I'm like you... anxious, nervous, excited... I have a few that I'm not sure on, so I'm waiting until day 14 to candle and make the final cut. I just don't want them exploding inside the 'bator! Eww.... Also, no smell yet, so I'm still crossing my fingers.

Best of luck!

Quote:
aww stop Im blushing-I just hatch too much is all
gig.gif
Im almost to the point where I'll load the bator and realize 10 days have passed! I check temp and humidty 2-3x a day and walk away-Since I have a brinsea 40dx-I don't have to do anything except add water 1-2x a week than forget about them! LOL-I have even forgotten when lockdowns are and hatching days-then i hear chicks peeping and I have to run to my calendar to check what day it is! Glad to help:) Good luck!!!
ya.gif

OK... new at this too... what is a "lockdown"? Also, I read to turn the eggs every 8 hours, except for the last three days. Is this right and why/why not? Thanks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom