Candling in Brinsea Mini Advance --With the lid closed! From outside!

bantyshanty

Oval Office Courier
10 Years
Oct 6, 2009
S.W Pennsylvania
I just discovered a way-nifty-cool thing about my new Brinsea Mini, which I've had for a week. With a bright enough flashlight,

YOU CAN actually CANDLE WITHOUT TAKING THE EGGS OUT!

This is awesome!!!!!
I have 6 Bantam eggs in the egg turner tray --it's an Advance model-- and in the dark, I can go around to outer end of each egg and shine this LED "LENSER" 2.9 watts flashlight in and see the light & dark patches, movement, and veins in each egg. These are light-shelled eggs. I just saw movement in the 4 I know are healthy.
This feature lets me candle as much as I want, and I can invite the neighborhood kids to candle with my own, without fear of anyone harming the eggs. Sooo cool! I see why this is made for classroom use. I guess it works with standards & bantams & duck eggs, but not quail, because the small end of the egg has to be really close to the lucite cover.

Anyone else try candling from outside of the the Brinsea Mini? I'd like to hear about your results.

I figure I'll be able to see which eggs have pipped into the air sac once it's hatch time, too!

I haven't figured out how to post pics of ...anything here... otherwise, I'd try to show this.

Back
Top Bottom