Candling Photo - SOOOOOOO COOL!

theberlinfam

Songster
10 Years
Feb 19, 2011
Hernando, FL
80356_photo.jpg

Here's a photo of one of the silkie eggs I candled on day 5! So awesome. My kids are LOVING how interactive this is. Just thought I'd share. Hatch Date: 03/17/11

thanks for sharing. I have a hen gone broody and I am going to get some fertile eggs to put under her. Now I will know what to look for.

It's a small LED candling flashlight that came with my incubator package from Incubator Warehouse. This is a really light colored silkie egg so it does really well with it...I also have Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs in and it doesn't candle those well at all. They're very dark and mottled
sad.png
Watch and wait I guess...sigh.

There a chick... :

I have a small LED flashlight that works okay, and then I bought the Brinsea OvaScope and that is pretty nice too.

Oooooooohhhhh that sounds like a fun instrument! I'll have to look that up
smile.png
Have you used it on darker eggs?​

Quote:
smile.png
Have you used it on darker eggs?

Brinsea does have a 10% discount code on Facebook if you place an order by March 15.

I just got it and used it on Ameraucana eggs, BOs and some wheaten Marans. I could see really well inside the Ameraucana and BO eggs and decent inside the wheaten Marans (enough to tell that the eggs are good).

smile.png

There a chick... :

Quote:
smile.png
Have you used it on darker eggs?

Brinsea does have a 10% discount code on Facebook if you place an order by March 15.

I just got it and used it on Ameraucana eggs, BOs and some wheaten Marans. I could see really well inside the Ameraucana and BO eggs and decent inside the wheaten Marans (enough to tell that the eggs are good).

smile.png

Thanks!!!!!!! I'll check it out.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom