Candling pics look alright?

Thank you so much for replying! And btw Happy Easter! Ok, I will keep it! No, this recent time I candled I did not see any movement. Should I see movement all the time? Or does the chick not move all the time? I am new to incubating, so I really appreciate the help!
Happy Easter!
no movement is concerning, but if you think you can see veins, it's worth keeping for a couple more days like MGG said! It will soon become clear if it has quit

My duck eggs never look like that, in fact I only get a completely dark egg b4 they arrive or need help getting out. Is being able to tell a learned asset? This is my 2nd spring & I seem to do better last year than this although having the power cut off due to a falling tree did not help. I lost 3 of 4.

Thank you for taking time to help me! Yeah, I have never seen an egg like this to. I think I will keep it for a little longer, and see what happens. Thanks again, and have a wonderful Easter!

Thank you a lot! Ok, I will keep it around. What are some sure fire ways that I know it will have quit?
if the veins all dissapear, or the egg begins to smell bad.
The veins will break down very very quickly if the embryo has died.
Now, if an egg smells bad, it's definitely gone. Sometimes the veins can be harder to see, but no visible veins combined with no movement and/or a blood ring makes it pretty clearly a quitter!

I have fought for the lives of every duck I have. When I'm not sure I fight even harder. That's just the way I do things. I know a lot of people do things differently & more power to them. Unless there is a smell, I keep them as long as I can. I'm funny that way!

I need help!!! What kind of creature takes the head of a full grown wild rabbit, leaves the body & disappears? Any one have any ideas?
Also, my incubators are collecting moisture & running hard. Any one know how to stop that?

I need help!!! What kind of creature takes the head of a full grown wild rabbit, leaves the body & disappears? Any one have any ideas?
Also, my incubators are collecting moisture & running hard. Any one know how to stop that?
I would post a separate thread on this subject.

Where are you located? That can help narrow down predators.

What do you mean by running hard? What incubator are you using?

The moisture collection would be from high humidity. What is the humidity level, and did you salt test the hygrometer?

Hello! I hope you had a great Easter. Wow, that sounds weird! Would you mind creating a separate thread to talk about that tho? I’d appreciate it! And thank you a lot for the advice. Have a great day!

if the veins all dissapear, or the egg begins to smell bad.
The veins will break down very very quickly if the embryo has died.
Now, if an egg smells bad, it's definitely gone. Sometimes the veins can be harder to see, but no visible veins combined with no movement and/or a blood ring makes it pretty clearly a quitter!

I will keep an eye out for those. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom