Candling quail eggs?! Few other questions too...

Alright, I think I have it pretty much figured out. If I light it from the side, I can actually see better.

New question, lol. Why are some of them looking like a greenish color inside? Most are really clear, but others look normal on the outside, but have a greenish hue when I candle. Is that normal? (BTW, up to 4 cracked eggs, 1 porous)

I have the same question......when I candle my quail eggs there are some that glow blue and some that glow green and some yellowish. What and why is this?? Please somebody answer this for me. Would love to know.

I've found that any of mine that has shined green have been dark colored qua
This was an old post, so they won’t reply, most likely. If it shines green, the egg is blue shelled inside. Blue inside Coturnix eggs are often believed to indicate celadon carriers. I’ve seen a lot of evidence in my breeding that this is true. I ordered eggs and a few glowed green. I didn’t track who came out of what egg, but when crossed to my homozygous celadons, I did get a few celadons, so there were certainly some carriers. All of my carriers (parents were normal crossed to homozygous celadons), lay eggs that are blue inside.

Back
Top Bottom