Candling Ringneck Eggs

If you eggs are white or clear shelled you check them on days 3 or 4 and if they are dark shelled you check them after a week. That's what the instructions to my incubator say. Then you do a second test on day 14. The breeder that I got my turkeys from also has Ringnecks and he says that he leaves them alone until day 14, because by then you will be able to see something alot better than if you checked it on day 3 or 4. So I would just leave them alone and wait until day 14, I know it's hard because you are so curious to see something
smile.png
. Unless you are needing more room for some more eggs to go into the incubator I would just wait. But that is my opinion. I hope that helps.

Quote:
what kind of light do you have to see through the egg. mine is brown and green. i do not candle my ring neck eggs they are just to dark for me to candle

I candale my ring neck eggs on day 10 and I bought a $16.00 egg candale on line from some hatchery supplier (not sure witch one off hand its been awhile) but I have no problem with it and my eggs our an olive green. It also works fine with my Reeves eggs, Red Golden, Lady Amhersts, and Impeyan Pheasant.

Autozone Or Discount Auto Parts---- Usually On The Counter Somewhere They Have Led Flashlights--- Small- Uses 3 Aaa Batteries(included
smile.png
) Has 9 Super Bright "blue White Leds" In It--- Works As Well As Anything Else I Have Found And Costs Less Than 5 Bucks.

Back
Top Bottom