Candling turkey and duck eggs in a homemade kerosene lantern incubator

Pics
Hi Everyone, it has been a long time and a very busy time for me. What with an introduction( a tradition where both families meet each other officially for the very first time) and wedding preparations underway, it's been a busy period not to mention the farm and my fiance who also fell ill. Thank God that things are back on track now. I have sold my poults. They were sold at 6 weeks. Someone wanted to buy them and I was way too attached to those babies. It broke my heart but they had to go. Here are pictures showing all three.
One of them is lame. I named her whitee and she was my pet. I tried everything I could for the legs but it couldn't be helped. See the others though.

Attachments

• DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0119.jpg
    DSC_0119.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0119.jpg
    DSC_0119.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 3
I am due to get 5 poults by the weekend. It's to replace the eggs that were not fertile. I will be incubating guinea fowl eggs come June. Please wish me luck. I also plan on starting my small ruminant dairy or creamery(not sure which it should be) for milk, cream, butter, gelato, ice cream, cheese and yogurt.
I will let you know how it goes.

Good Luck!

Could be all those products , one of reach day of the week!
Goats? Sheep? Small Cows?
Okay. I don't want cows though. They take up so much space. Besides, there is an untapped market for small ruminant dairy products here. The genetic materials to start the project are also fantastic. The local breeds of sheep and goat have good potential for dairy which is underutilised. Of course, I will be doing a lot of selective breeding and I wish there is a forum where ruminant farmers can meet online and share/discuss problems and ideas peculiar to their animals- something like BYC but related to goats,sheep, cows. Please direct me to any website if there is such a support group.

Okay. I don't want cows though. They take up so much space. Besides, there is an untapped market for small ruminant dairy products here. The genetic materials to start the project are also fantastic. The local breeds of sheep and goat have good potential for dairy which is underutilised. Of course, I will be doing a lot of selective breeding and I wish there is a forum where ruminant farmers can meet online and share/discuss problems and ideas peculiar to their animals- something like BYC but related to goats,sheep, cows. Please direct me to any website if there is such a support group.
https://www.backyardherds.com/
You're in luck, actually!

Back yard herds...a sister group to byc

Back
Top Bottom