Canesten/clotrimazole cream for sour crop?

porokelle

Chirping
Dec 5, 2021
I've done a bit of a search on the forums but want to double check before dosing -
I have a girl who has had two rounds of nystatin and now showing sour crop for the third time in three months.

We'll get her to a vet soon (no avian vets on certain days here) - but I want to start her on a different antifungal today since the other times the nystatin didn't seem to work too well during treatment and the fact that sour crop returned.

I have a tube of Canesten by Bayer- clotrimazole antifungal cream 10 mg/g - I just want to verify this is safe to give internally. That other people have done this and this cream is okay.
Dosage I've seen for micronazole cream has been 1/2".

Thank you

I've done a bit of a search on the forums but want to double check before dosing -
I have a girl who has had two rounds of nystatin and now showing sour crop for the third time in three months.

We'll get her to a vet soon (no avian vets on certain days here) - but I want to start her on a different antifungal today since the other times the nystatin didn't seem to work too well during treatment and the fact that sour crop returned.

I have a tube of Canesten by Bayer- clotrimazole antifungal cream 10 mg/g - I just want to verify this is safe to give internally. That other people have done this and this cream is okay.
Dosage I've seen for micronazole cream has been 1/2".

Thank you
The canesten contains Benzyl Alcohol which I can see is a neurotoxin based on other forum posts.

I have some miconzaole nitrate 2% creme but that also contains hydrocortisone 1%.

Wondering if that is safe?

We don't have the monistat brand here in New Zealand so I don't know what is the equivalent.

The canesten contains Benzyl Alcohol which I can see is a neurotoxin based on other forum posts.

I have some miconzaole nitrate 2% creme but that also contains hydrocortisone 1%.

Wondering if that is safe?

We don't have the monistat brand here in New Zealand so I don't know what is the equivalent.
The miconazole contains:
Resolve Plus 0.5% Cream contains: 1,3-butylene glycol, cetostearyl alcohol, citric acid, disbasic sodium phosphate, dimeticone, disodium edetate dihydrate, glyceryl monostearate, light liquid paraffin, Macrogol stearate 2000, phenethyl alcohol, povidone, purified water and xanthan gum.
As opposed to Monistat:
benzoic acid, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl myristate, polysorbate 60, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, purified water, stearyl alcohol

Back
Top Bottom