Canine or Raptor?

BabesDucks

Songster
Apr 18, 2021
74F41450-CF02-41DD-AA45-674FC1C8C72A.jpeg
74F41450-CF02-41DD-AA45-674FC1C8C72A.jpeg
63E36BAB-6E52-4D06-8B7F-7D29EFE6A9D7.jpeg

63E36BAB-6E52-4D06-8B7F-7D29EFE6A9D7.jpeg

Hi everyone. Looking for answers hoping for closure. My baby was attacked and killed. The organs were lying to the right of the feathers. To the right of these was a small short trail of more feathers. Nothing else left. Mostly looks like feathers were plucked however a few of them are broken with small amounts of blood. Some do look like they were wet but not many and I don’t know if it’s saliva or bodily secretions from my baby. Thinking owl as we saw one swoop a couple weeks back and my Ring didn’t detect it. Thinking not a fox because my Ring detected nothing and it picks up my dogs just fine, however the Ring’s detection is more limited at night. My neighbors said they have seen a fox a couple times about 2 blocks from my house in recent weeks. I also had my sentinel Canada goose in my yard who was spooked away (unless she was also killed but nothing remains of her). She has not returned. When the owl swooped the other night my Canada was in the yard. She with my two ducks all ran from the owl. My baby was an Ancona so no ability to fly. My Canada could fly. My Rouen flew and was on my front porch terrified when I got home. Thanking God every day that she is ok. There are too many unanswered questions and if y’all could help me answer jut this one I think it might help but who knows. Thank you all for your knowledge and support. I’ve learned more from this group than anywhere else. 🦆🦆🦆💕

I doubt the goose was killed. They have teeth and are fantastic fighters ☺️ I have one out in the coop and it always helps me as I am a huge worry wart. Shes very friendly with humans but anything threatening... Not so friendly with 😆 I'm sorry about your loss. Trying to think of what could have done it!

I'm so sorry for your loss!

I would think canine would eat everything. Would a duck be too big for an owl?

Raccoons are pretty nasty predators. I had one catch one of my hens in the barn and take her up into the hay loft.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

So sorry for your loss. Owls mostly take the heads from my experience. Probably the fox especially since you said there was a trail of feathers. I have several game cameras up on my property and most nights when the predators roam here I see one on at least one of the cameras, mostly fox or coyote. Good luck...

Most of my cameras are identical to this one and they take very good night pictures. They are manufactured under different names. I do use my cameras in the video mode. I have a converter on my computer to convert the video into images.
https://www.amazon.com/RINKMO-Secur...ords=game+trail+camera&qid=1637419473&sr=8-49
DSCF000199 03.jpg

There is a coyote and also another camera. You can see the light from the other camera.
DSCF0001325 09.jpg

This is a view from the other camera.
DSCF000274 01.jpg

Attachments

• SAVAGameCamera.jpg
    SAVAGameCamera.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 6
I doubt the goose was killed. They have teeth and are fantastic fighters ☺️ I have one out in the coop and it always helps me as I am a huge worry wart. Shes very friendly with humans but anything threatening... Not so friendly with 😆 I'm sorry about your loss. Trying to think of what could have done it!
I agree AND I am 99.9% sure I just saw her at a local pond. She has a silver metal band in her right foot. So did this goose! What are the chances? If it was her she isn’t interested in coming home with me that’s just fine with me! 🦆💕

I agree AND I am 99.9% sure I just saw her at a local pond. She has a silver metal band in her right foot. So did this goose! What are the chances? If it was her she isn’t interested in coming home with me that’s just fine with me! 🦆💕

So sorry for your loss. Owls mostly take the heads from my experience. Probably the fox especially since you said there was a trail of feathers. I have several game cameras up on my property and most nights when the predators roam here I see one on at least one of the cameras, mostly fox or coyote. Good luck...
Thanks. It was a short trail. What does the crime scene look like after a fox kill??

I'm so sorry for your loss!

I would think canine would eat everything. Would a duck be too big for an owl?

Raccoons are pretty nasty predators. I had one catch one of my hens in the barn and take her up into the hay loft.

Sorry, I'm not much help.
My Canada Goose would have scared off most predators. What would have attacked even with a giant Canada goose nearby?

I had an EE fly into a dog pen once and the only thing left was the breast bone. I didn't exactly look around the yard after I got what was left of her away but I didn't see any organs in that area, just feathers.

Back
Top Bottom