Canine Sebaceous Cyst

UPDATE: Returned the Vet's PhytoVet CK Shampoo, purchased (Amazon) Curaseb Antiseptic Spray (anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti yeast) containing Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2% & Keteoconazole 1% (as in the shampoo).

The CK was for that out break she had on her chest, which then her ear and her inner elbow. One thing good about it, kept her from licking however found it didn't work as well as the Vetericyn Plus Gel (Amazon) I tried on her. Vetericyn healed her chest & ear so stopped using the CK Spray on her inner elbow, switching to Vetericyn ... It's looking alot better.

She still has her cyst but with the applying of the Witch Hazel, slowly it's shrinking. I did start her on Welactin Omega 3 (Amazon) 1st of the month and continue to shampoo her with the Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic & Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo (Amazon) although the Vet told me to stop. The flaking is subsiding & she doesn't smell. Started bathing her every 3 days but now it's once a week (her fur starts to feel oily).

Vetericyn, Witch Hazel & the "coal/tar" shampoo is working, along with the antibiotic injection (Convenia). Weather's cooling, maybe that has something to do with it too. Overall, I'd say Vetericyn helped heal whatever it was in her chest, ear & inner elbow ... Shampoo helping with the flaking skin and the Omega 3.

Won't say she's "cured" a few more cyst popped up but if I catch it early, they disappear. I've found how to relieve her itching and manage her skin issue. Just thought I'd fill you all in, this will be my last post on this subject ;)

UPDATE: Returned the Vet's PhytoVet CK Shampoo, purchased (Amazon) Curaseb Antiseptic Spray (anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti yeast) containing Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2% & Keteoconazole 1% (as in the shampoo).

The CK was for that out break she had on her chest, which then her ear and her inner elbow. One thing good about it, kept her from licking however found it didn't work as well as the Vetericyn Plus Gel (Amazon) I tried on her. Vetericyn healed her chest & ear so stopped using the CK Spray on her inner elbow, switching to Vetericyn ... It's looking alot better.

She still has her cyst but with the applying of the Witch Hazel, slowly it's shrinking. I did start her on Welactin Omega 3 (Amazon) 1st of the month and continue to shampoo her with the Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic & Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo (Amazon) although the Vet told me to stop. The flaking is subsiding & she doesn't smell. Started bathing her every 3 days but now it's once a week (her fur starts to feel oily).

Vetericyn, Witch Hazel & the "coal/tar" shampoo is working, along with the antibiotic injection (Convenia). Weather's cooling, maybe that has something to do with it too. Overall, I'd say Vetericyn helped heal whatever it was in her chest, ear & inner elbow ... Shampoo helping with the flaking skin and the Omega 3.

Won't say she's "cured" a few more cyst popped up but if I catch it early, they disappear. I've found how to relieve her itching and manage her skin issue. Just thought I'd fill you all in, this will be my last post on this subject ;)
Happy to hear she is feeling much better.
:ya

Tell her her buddy sends kisses.
IMG_20190910_074146.jpg

Back
Top Bottom