Canning and Home preserving

Pics
Where are you Penny? It has stopped raining here in SE MO but still very overcast. My beans sealed and look good but I only got 3 quarts beans and 4 qts water lol.
Penny is in Washington State. I belive she lives on a large island. So shes in the same time Zone as me... here in San Diego. and right now its Seven Thirty AM.

deb

Penny is in Washington State. I belive she lives on a large island. So shes in the same time Zone as me... here in San Diego. and right now its Seven Thirty AM.

deb

Oh, WA state. Lol, memories of Seattle... rained or misted all but three hours the three months I was there in '93. I am a desert girl.... it is beautiful though, as is Oregon. :) I am in a different kind of forest now. America is magnificent.

I think I messed up my first batch of canned beans, Deb. Fortunately only 3 qts. Trying again. You guys have inspired me! :hugs

I heard about that know my brother is pleased.. he lives out here but still is diehard packer . Not against football just not that into it either .. We got white stuff slush but any other name wet snow
004.jpg

I heard about that know my brother is pleased.. he lives out here but still is diehard packer . Not against football just not that into it either .. We got white stuff slush but any other name wet snowView attachment 2001513
Oh bless his heart :rolleyes: too close to Chicago here:gigat least he's not a patriots fan:rant

I have my second attempt at pressure canning beans in the canner and am feeling kinda dumb. Yesterday I calculated that it took two c of dried beans to fill a jar, but I messed up. I missed a step and didn't boil them half an hour, so I basically canned them raw. I'll either throw them out or re-do them.

Anyway, so today I started with 14 c of raw beans and guess what. I have WAAAAAY too many beans! :lau And the ones that are not in the canner are still only half cooked! :he:barnie

So... I put them in the crock-pot to finish cooking. I guess I can cook em, cool em, and freeze em??? Anybody have any better ideas? Can I then refrigerate and process them tomorrow, or will they end up being mush? Can I refrigerate NOW and process tomorrow??? They will be cold ... I'm so confused. Panicking here. Help me (she whimpers). Lol.

I have my second attempt at pressure canning beans in the canner and am feeling kinda dumb. Yesterday I calculated that it took two c of dried beans to fill a jar, but I messed up. I missed a step and didn't boil them half an hour, so I basically canned them raw. I'll either throw them out or re-do them.

Anyway, so today I started with 14 c of raw beans and guess what. I have WAAAAAY too many beans! :lau And the ones that are not in the canner are still only half cooked! :he:barnie

So... I put them in the crock-pot to finish cooking. I guess I can cook em, cool em, and freeze em??? Anybody have any better ideas? Can I then refrigerate and process them tomorrow, or will they end up being mush? Can I refrigerate NOW and process tomorrow??? They will be cold ... I'm so confused. Panicking here. Help me (she whimpers). Lol.
Deep breath.... I would dump them out in a bowl and re distribute them in the Jars. They have already been Pre cooked. in the canner. The thing is they are gong to expand more so How ever much the recipe calls for Just put in that much plus the juice. Then re process them. If they are mush then just make refried beans out of them.

Seriously I am surprised they didnt poof up the lids....

deb

Back
Top Bottom