Canning and Home preserving

Thank you! I don't really have straw, but they would probably be okay down in the basement...it's cooler down there...so I'm thinking I might do three different things...can some for pies later on & I will freeze some after I've cut into the stored ones for the chickens.
If you can them for pies be sure to cube them. Pumpkin puree is not safe to can at home.

I agree. Honestly hate commercial pickling spice mix. I make my own for whatever recipe I am making. Make lots of pickles in this house. Have my own little spice recipes that I am quite happy with for Dilly beans, Dill pickles, sweet pickles, pickled cherry tomatoes, pickled green tomatoes and pickled asparagus. ACV for pickling is also a no go for me. Not so bad for my green tomatoes but once combined with commercial pickling spice it just makes everything worse. Worst pickled beans I ever made in my life 😂
Yup no acv here for that either. I do want to try making my own acv once I have an almost empty bottle of Braggs. I like to use it in my bbq sauce.

Thank you! I don't really have straw, but they would probably be okay down in the basement...it's cooler down there...so I'm thinking I might do three different things...can some for pies later on & I will freeze some after I've cut into the stored ones for the chickens.

Only freezer is way to keep it leanred that from Grandma like at 6 :wee

Back
Top Bottom