Canning tomato soup with condensed milk!?!

LittlePriceFarm

Songster
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Ellettsville
I made this killer tomato soup in Lou of sugar I used a TBS of sweetened condensed milk. It was velvety rich it was from my garden and I want some for winter so since it has the milk in it should I freeze it or can it? I must make a batch for always!

Do not can with milk in it. If you want to can, make it to the point of adding the milk, then can it and when you open it to use add the milk then. Freezing won't keep it for very long with the milk in it.

If you have a pressure cooker you can easily can anything. 90 minutes at 10 psi will even can any meat. Sometimes you will get texture, or taste changes from the heat, only one way to find out. Still it is safe to can it.

thats what i thought it was good with out it still so adding it last min should'nt be to bad thanks guys i was also thinking the cooker but i think mines missing a part :(

I wouldn't can milk. You could always can it without the milk and then add it when you want to eat it.
smile.png
I've been canning for many many years and they surely say not to can milk.

I have been canning for decades, and have been canning milk for decades, it works, it's easy, and it is safe. You can buy canned milk in any grocery store, it has been canned for over a century, probably more. Milk has to be canned in a pressure cooker, at 10 pounds of pressure, and for quarts for 25 minutes. Like I said I have been doing this for decades, and so have lots of home caner's I know. Don't let people who don't know discourage you. I can a lot of things that most people dont deal with, meats, milk, and make my own bacon, corned beef,and hams. Only use fresh milk too. I will post a link HERE that is a detailed "how to" and shows you step by step.

Back
Top Bottom