Can't delete messages from my mailbox

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by LittleChickenRacingTeam, Jan 22, 2008.

1. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    I'm 100% full & get the following message ever time I try to delete individual PM's or do a batch delete.

Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the PunBB documentation.

2. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    hmmmmmmmmm could somebody be trying to get in and ready ur pm,s

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

LCRT, I was able to delete a message from your box without any problems. Check your email and reply back with specifics.

4. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Still can't erase things. Same message as above. Can't batch delete or individual pm's. What other specifics do you want.

Just go ahead and clear everything in there.

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I have also been having this problem. I've posted twice on this before. Go ahead a delete mine too!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  6. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    [​IMG] i realy didnt know the mods could access our pm,s this is good to know. thanks mods. but i have been told once you put it on the net its out their for everyone to see.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  7. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:Do ya got somthing juicy in your mailbox, I wanna see it too! [​IMG]

8. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah, I'm with Bucks! Share!!

I just deleted a message with no problem..Hmm..

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Mods can not read PM's (well, I guess they could change your password, login as you, and read your PM's) but then you'd know it because they have no way to know what your password was before and you'd be locked out of your account.

I'm the only one that has backend access to PM's and I would only go into the database to retrieve them if there was reason (reports of spam, harassment, etc.)

The only way for me to duplicate specific user issues is to login as them. If it doesn't happen to me while I'm logged in as them, then it is a problem with the user's computer, browser, or cookies.

10. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:LOL [​IMG]
    Trust me, we have way more interesting things to do than read members' PMs, even if we could. Or wanted to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by