Can't edit my signature.

Tonight I am unable to edit my signature line and change out my ads that I have had posted and replace with current ads. Thanks!

I updated my classified for the week yesterday under the eggs for sale. It appears that the classifieds that I pulled up from are not all showing in my classified list when I go to add them. Only the classifieds that were updated/added last week are available for me to include. I am in foxfire.

So it looks from my humble eyes that the classified listings from the choice list are not there. This feature was working for me last week. I have not updated anything in the information dialogue about me other than trying to get the three ads updated. Only 1 was I able to update and again it was the one from the week before. Many thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.

I tried on both desktop and laptop windows 7 foxfire. Signed out, logged back in as well. Thanks again and have a blessed day.

Thanks for the details, that helps us troubleshoot.

I discovered that a change was made recently to make the system more efficient. Here is the note from the engineers: "The "Stuff in Sigs" drop down currently includes lists, reviews, albums, and classifieds. We will now be truncating each of these to only show the most recent 20 of each content type to ensure signatures for all users can be edited."

It sounds like you may have a lot of items that are pushing out the older items? If so, you may need to create a new item copy of the old one for it to show up on the list.

Thanks for the details, that helps us troubleshoot.

I discovered that a change was made recently to make the system more efficient. Here is the note from the engineers: "The "Stuff in Sigs" drop down currently includes lists, reviews, albums, and classifieds. We will now be truncating each of these to only show the most recent 20 of each content type to ensure signatures for all users can be edited."

It sounds like you may have a lot of items that are pushing out the older items? If so, you may need to create a new item copy of the old one for it to show up on the list.
Oh that sound labor intensive situation for me/our farm, because often we will have 20 listings when all the poultry are at full laying! so... There will be times when I don't use an older item for quite a while (it might be a combo pack not presently available or a particular season group of birds no longer laying (or a group of birds in moult, major hatchings at farm, so no egg for sale, etc etc) and therefore I cannot bring it back up again or at least in the signature is what I am learning. I can pull it forward for a listing for which I am very grateful!

Is there any way for platinum members to say have a higher number than 20 of the content type?
Can I eliminate old history no longer needed so I can keep to say 20?

One suggestion would be to ask the engineers to delete old ads we had published that we had deleted. For example I was looking for a Sebastapol Gander, I closed that listing as I sold out my flock and yet it is "clogging" up my ability to get to some of the ads that would be after it.

Can you explain please what you mean by "create a new item copy of the Old one for it to show up on the list?" I realize the system has to be able to update for the thousands of members but I'm hoping I won't have to recreate ads to have them show up again in the signature.... It is really difficult for me to recreate ads (not the wordage, but getting all the pics assembled, etc) so I am hoping that this "new item copy" will be that. Hand arthritis and a few other medical conditions make it hard a lot of times to cut clip, drag and redo so I try really hard to do a lot of this. Thanks in advance for your prompt response to this question. I will stay tuned. and remain hopeful that there is some workaround possible on this.

Would I be able to do a link to all listings someone in one? but then it wouldn't show what I was listing in the heading. Stress is not good for me or I think anyone, so I'm going to put this out of my mind, as much as I can and await your help just a little more. Many thanks.
caf.gif

Have a blessed day.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. There isn't a way for us to allow this for any members, but we'll see if there are other option.

In the interim if you have an old listing (older than the 20 most recent ones) that you want to feature in your signature you'll need to close that old listing and create a new one. This will put it to the top of your 20 optional "items to list" in your signature list.

Back
Top Bottom