Can't feel my fingers

Get to the Doctor, or better yet go to the closest urgent care center - this could be very serious with your diabetes.

We'll all start praying, you go get checked and then report back (using my Mom voice here!)

again, if you have diabetes and you cant feel to the point of hurting yourself GO TO THE Dr. Better safe than sorry. Im going next week because my feet are so calloused I cant keep after them. We have to watch out for these things.

yes I am a very bad diabetic levels stay in the 400 I have been to the dr. she put me on elevil but nothing else. oh well

You need a different doctor. Yours obviously isn't treating you aggressively enough. Not all doctors have the time and knowledge to treat those with resistant forms of diabetes. There's no one size fits all solution for diabetics. Sounds like you need an endocrinologist.

I am taking 150 units of insulin a day. 90 of novolog and 60 lantus that is what she has me on along with lisinopril, amitriptaline, permastatin, naproxin tramadol, imdur for my heart, a baby asprin and antibiotics for 4 months now. for recurrant boils. I cant go to different dr. yet I dont have insurance. besides she is one of the best ones we have here. dh said when I get my insurance card I am changing dr's he said these quacks here are gonna kill me. If they don't before I get my card.

not judging but how do you do with your diet? I know diabetes can be hard to treat for some people, I dont take meds as I should all the time. But some of these side effects can be life threatening or permenant as Im sure you know. Heres a website if it might help you http://www.diabeticdietfordiabetes.com/ Good luck, I know its hard not to have insurance but hope your doing the best you can.

Honestly, 400 is crazy high! Anything over 200 before you eat for more than a day or so is crazy high and the dr should be taking this more seriously.

160 units a day is an awful lot! I think sometimes doctors go "well you're just not eating right so I can't help you" and write it off. Really you should be in hosp until they stabilize it.

My bf just had a stroke from numbers being out of whack. Now that I am in control of his diet and meds, we have it back under control.

I sincerely hope you get your numbers down under 150 before each meal. I wish I had some tips but I know it is so hard. But don't forget to watch your carbs, and eat whole grains. Good luck!

Honestly, 400 is crazy high! Anything over 200 before you eat for more than a day or so is crazy high and the dr should be taking this more seriously.

160 units a day is an awful lot! I think sometimes doctors go "well you're just not eating right so I can't help you" and write it off. Really you should be in hosp until they stabilize it.

My bf just had a stroke from numbers being out of whack. Now that I am in control of his diet and meds, we have it back under control.

I sincerely hope you get your numbers down under 150 before each meal. I wish I had some tips but I know it is so hard. But don't forget to watch your carbs, and eat whole grains. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom