Can't figure out what kind of chicks I have...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Christie Rhae, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I think these chicks are 7 or 8 weeks old. They were sold to us as Rhode island Red sex linked hens. We have already named one of them "Chili Bob" cuz we don't think it is a hen.
    I can't seem to find any pics online of chickens with this reddish color and white on the sides of their faces. They are growing some light color feathers on their wings and have some dark feathers in the tail. Also their feathers do not seem sleek and smooth to me. Maybe cuz they are just growing in? Guess it does not really matter but we are just curious.

Chili Bob
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

I'm sorta new but they look a lot like my production reds that I have...mine are 17 wks now but we got them from a relative when they were about 4 wks old. If I'm right they are good egg layers so that's a plus! [​IMG]

3. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    They are Rhode Island Red (Production).White on face is babie down and most of light spots on body feathers will molt

4. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Thank you! I am a google search junkie and just didn't know what words to type in to find my chickens. Now I can read all about "production" chickens.
    Thanks again!

5. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

Sorry just had to say "Yay...I was right for once!!!"....

Ok...I'm walking away now... [​IMG]

6. pinkyglory123

pinkyglory123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    whatever they are they are awfully cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by