Can't figure out what kind of chicks I have...

Christie Rhae

Songster
9 Years
Jul 5, 2010
Big Island, Hawaii
I think these chicks are 7 or 8 weeks old. They were sold to us as Rhode island Red sex linked hens. We have already named one of them "Chili Bob" cuz we don't think it is a hen.
I can't seem to find any pics online of chickens with this reddish color and white on the sides of their faces. They are growing some light color feathers on their wings and have some dark feathers in the tail. Also their feathers do not seem sleek and smooth to me. Maybe cuz they are just growing in? Guess it does not really matter but we are just curious.

Chili Bob
photo16.jpg

photo17.jpg

photo18.jpg

photo19.jpg

photo20.jpg

idunno.gif

I'm sorta new but they look a lot like my production reds that I have...mine are 17 wks now but we got them from a relative when they were about 4 wks old. If I'm right they are good egg layers so that's a plus!
thumbsup.gif

They are Rhode Island Red (Production).White on face is babie down and most of light spots on body feathers will molt

Thank you! I am a google search junkie and just didn't know what words to type in to find my chickens. Now I can read all about "production" chickens.
Thanks again!

wee.gif

Sorry just had to say "Yay...I was right for once!!!"....

Ok...I'm walking away now...
duc.gif

Back
Top Bottom