Cant' find a Water Weasel....

I finally found some at the local Dollar Tree. They were (guess what?) $1 each. I bought a couple just to have. I wanted to experiment with them. I have set up my incubator and put in 3 thermometers w/ probes (for calibration and to use for back-ups). I also added a Water Weasel and put one of the probes into the Water Weasel. I found that the Water Weasel took much longer to equal out to the temp set and that was shown by the other therms.

I was also thinking about taking a normal garden variety store-bought egg and carefully cutting a hole in the top just big enough for a probe and then re-sealing it and comparing it to the reading I got from the probe that I got from the other other probes including the probe that is in the Water Weasel. That should tell me if the Water Weasel technique is a valid one and how close it's measurements are to an actual inside of an egg. Sort of a science experiment, since I will have the bator for a few days before I get my "real eggs" to incubate.

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried that before? I would be interested in hearing about it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom