Can't find emoticons!

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Stumpy, May 26, 2012.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Songster

Apr 15, 2008
    I'm sure it should be obvious, but I can't find the emoticons button. I only have a smiley button on the task bar. Would some kind soul point it out to me?

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing

Dec 22, 2009
    If you click the smiley it opens a box of several different ones

3. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Songster

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    I believe that their disapearance is part the ongoing problems that have been showing up on this site. The missing emotacons are one symptom, others are not being able to post pictures, not being able to post without going through preview or the full page editor. All these problems seem to come and go at random time. At least they do for me. I believe that they are working on fixing the problem.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp-[​IMG]

5. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Songster

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    [​IMG]

6. Stumpy

Stumpy Songster

Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks. It worked this time!

Imp, that is funny!

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    trouble posting emoticons
    I cannot post an emoticon that I found elsewhere on my post. How do I do that? I know I did it one other time but it just isnt working. Thanks

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

What are the steps you are going through, which browser are you using, are you using BBcode or Rich text editor (both are described in the FAQs here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/faq )

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

Also, if you can provide a screenshot of your editor that shows the area where you post replies it will make it easier for us to see what you see (or don't see).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: