Can't find medicated starter feed

JewellFarm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Lebanon, Virginia
This little guy just hatched and I can't find medicated feed anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I know they are bad to get coccidiosis. Darn feed stores!!!

Until you find Med starter, use a 24% starter, Hard boil egg yolks to get him eating. Keep him on wire floor to keep him out of the waste. Best for 3 months, coccidiosis is in most area,in the ground.

Still check feed store for medicated, most turkey starter is medicated.

I see you are in VA. Do you have a Southern States feed store near you? The Southern States feed brand name is medicated - also they have a 28% protien game bird starter that we start our pea's on.

Steve in NC

Last edited:
Do they have Corid? Maybe you can dose manually.

Good luck.
smile.png

Quote:
I am getting ready to go to southern states now. The two others in the area don't have it anymore. If SS don't have it, I have one more I can check. I hope I find some.

Quote:
I am getting ready to go to southern states now. The two others in the area don't have it anymore. If SS don't have it, I have one more I can check. I hope I find some.

Ask them if they can order it. The get a weekly truck order to ours around here, in the spring they will check with us and see how many bags we need in each week and order that for us.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom