Cant find my duck!!!

Nov 25, 2017
My mallard female has now layed three eggs in their house, this morning i let my female and male mallard out and the chickens like i do every morning. They just roam a small portion of my backyard and then go back into their coop. So i returned to my coop and every animal was inside but i cannot find the female mallard. The male is back but she isnt. She has 3 eggs in her house what do i do?

Can she fly? have you seen her fly?

If she has eggs I can't imagine her going far. How about neighbors with fences could she have flown and landed in someone else's back yard?

My Cayuga went missing for six hours one time! And then the next time she went missing we found her hiding spot- it was all the way across the yard (out of their enclosed portion) and behind the furniture and potted flowers by the wall. She got out by going under the fence which still baffles me how that fat duck can squeeze out so well. She went “missing” every time the neighbor mowed the lawn, so perhaps something scared her and she found a safe place to be quiet. My normally loud mouth was silent!!

I hope she shows up soon! :fl
Don’t give up.

Any way a predator could get in?fly in? is your property fenced? any place you can think of she could be hiding check, I found one of my Muscovies under the ramp going into their coop and it's barely off the ground I still don't know how she got under there.

Hope by now she has been found. :fl

Any way a predator could get in?fly in? is your property fenced? any place you can think of she could be hiding check, I found one of my Muscovies under the ramp going into their coop and it's barely off the ground I still don't know how she got under there.

Hope by now she has been found. :fl
I did not find her but she has showed back up in the coop

Whew so glad to hear that. I actually clip both wings on my Muscovy ducks to keep them grounded [they are expert fence climbers if the have 1 wing not clipped]

So happy for you she turned up.

I did not find her but she has showed back up in the coop

That’s what’s happened to mine. We were afraid a predator got her so we brought my other duck inside and then that night (6 hours later) we went to give my other duck a bath before bedtime and my missing duck cane walking out from by the coop!! Just be vigilant because she will probably go “missing” again.

Back
Top Bottom