Can't get 5 week old chicks into coop (Eglu Go-Up coop) - HELP

I would love to know how to integrate them earlier next time. Can you suggest how to do this or suggest reading materials on this method?
This is my article on setting up an outdoor brooder, plus integration tips and timeline. My personal goal is to have chicks integrated and moved into the coop with the adults at around 4 weeks. There's several other articles listed at the bottom as well, so you can get a good idea of what works overall, and how you can modify things to work in your set up. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/short-on-time-recycle-a-prefab-brooder.73985/

I was having the same dilemma - how to get the pullets to go up the ramp. I have a light in the coop so just keeping it on should do the trick then? Excellent! This will be happening tomorrow or the next day.

I was having the same dilemma - how to get the pullets to go up the ramp. I have a light in the coop so just keeping it on should do the trick then? Excellent! This will be happening tomorrow or the next day.
I bought a solar-powered light to go into the coop, and now they head in there all by themselves. I also replaced the Eglu-steps with a wooden ramp I got on Etsy.

Back
Top Bottom