Can't get it through his head!

Mr MKK FARMS

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Sep 27, 2012
My rooster Marius goes down the ramp everyday to go to the run but he never ever goes up to the coop in the nights. I keep moving him back to the coop but every night its the same story, he jumps up to the outside perch thingy and starts to snore (silly me, chickens don't snore :p) sleep. I always carry him inside but he just won't learn, I guess he just likes it outside. But seriously, its getting cold up here in Canada and soon he is going to freeze to death!
roll.png
He is a good rooster otherwise.
tongue.png

oh is he ever pretty ! what kind? i wonder if you withhold food until bed and then make sure he sees you putting it in there if that would help? a few times should be all he would need. if you have hens in there and they make the danger sound will he come?

oh is he ever pretty ! what kind? i wonder if you withhold food until bed and then make sure he sees you putting it in there if that would help? a few times should be all he would need. if you have hens in there and they make the danger sound will he come?
Thank you! He is a Faverolle. I have tried all of that. Maybe I will put him on the ramp a block of one side so he has to go up, I don't know.
smile.png

I have an older pullet that does then same thing. She will not sleep in the coop and prefers to hop up into a tree just outside of the coop. We've tried everything...I fugure she'll figure it out on her own when its cold, and if she doesn't, I can't say I didnt try...

I have an older pullet that does then same thing. She will not sleep in the coop and prefers to hop up into a tree just outside of the coop. We've tried everything...I fugure she'll figure it out on her own when its cold, and if she doesn't, I can't say I didnt try...
Haha,
Just keep an eye on her so she doesn't freeze.

he is locked in a run through the day? he is over doing his job. keeping look out. try covering the run with sheets or something. wait a few days then take a peek. of course im guessing but it sounds good in theory.

he is locked in a run through the day? he is over doing his job. keeping look out. try covering the run with sheets or something. wait a few days then take a peek. of course im guessing but it sounds good in theory.
Well he can always go to the coop throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom