Can't get rid mites and lice

When applied correctly, permethrin will treat red mites, fleas, and all types of lice, but it might not treat the Northern Fowl Mite, those have been showing resistance to permethrin for many years. As already suggested, try the liquid permethrin and see if that helps.

Whatever you use, it must be applied in a way that gets it on the skin, and there are different types of lice that live on different parts of the body, so you will need to treat the entire bird, not just the vent.
We do treat the entire body. I'll try liquid

I've been trying to get rid of mites and lice on my chickens for awhile now and but nothing is working. We use permethrin powder and dust twice, once a weak, but we still have mites. Any better treatment ideas?
TIA and have a good day!
Dust them with diatomaceous earth, dust coop and hen boxes with diatomaceous earth. Also we use Saturday Lime - brand is great for sprinkling a little under the coops sand and diatomaceous earth. We also use PDZ n coop. We only use a lil wood shavings with all the above in winter to help keep them warm/dry. But not in fall-spring and summer.

Dust them with diatomaceous earth, dust coop and hen boxes with diatomaceous earth. Also we use Saturday Lime - brand is great for sprinkling a little under the coops sand and diatomaceous earth. We also use PDZ n coop. We only use a lil wood shavings with all the above in winter to help keep them warm/dry. But not in fall-spring and summer.
Ok, I have Saturday lime

Back
Top Bottom