Can't order my chicks from Cackle, where else do I get SQ bantam chicks?

Are you looking for a hatchery that ships bantams after the end of September? I think most of the commercial ones quit then.

So far as I know the last ship date for any of the big hatcheries like McMurray is 9-30. Sand Hill does have hatch dates of October 1 & 22, they have mostly assortments by breed though. I can't think of any other hatchery/people that has more than a few breeds that is still shipping later in the fall.

So far as I know the last ship date for any of the big hatcheries like McMurray is 9-30. Sand Hill does have hatch dates of October 1 & 22, they have mostly assortments by breed though. I can't think of any other hatchery/people that has more than a few breeds that is still shipping later in the fall.
Okay, thanks! :)

What breeds are you looking for? There are a lot of very good breeders in Washington State, the chance of getting really good quality is much better from a breeder as opposed to a hatchery. There is also a poultry show on October 19 at the Clark County fairgrounds, thats a great place to make connections.
Yeah, but I don't live near Clark County. I'm located in NWWA. Do you know any breeders up here? I'm mainly looking for bantams.

Yeah, but I don't live near Clark County. I'm located in NWWA. Do you know any breeders up here? I'm mainly looking for bantams.

Quite a few in Chehalis if you don't mind taking a short trip. It depends on what breed of bantams you are looking for. Dan Jerome raises very good white Wyandotte's and sells chicks and eggs. This is a hard time of the year for getting chicks though, most breeders have stopped hatching and will start again in January, February

There is no such thing a SQ chicks. Even if you buy from a great breeder, not every egg will hatch into a good quality bird. Maybe 20 percent. Buying chicks is a big gamble if you want quality birds. The only way to guarantee SQ is to buy started birds (5 months and older) from a show breeder. Hatcheries do not have SQ birds. They are far from that.

Back
Top Bottom