Can't pick her head up after bob cat attack a few weeks ago

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by winelady87, Oct 14, 2011.

1. winelady87

winelady87 New Egg

Oct 12, 2011
    Hello I am new to the list and have a qestion I have a BR hen that was one of 2 a bob cat got she got away a few days later her eye was swollen shut and she was listing her head to one side fed her a mixture of wet food with a little yougart and she was doing better eating and drinking on her own I seperated her from the others and her eye is completly open now. But now her head is sitting on the bottom of the cage with her beak pointing up and she is walking backwards. She is gettin skinner and Skinner she was hungry tonight I got her to eat for about 20 minutes slowly she will hold her head up once I help her. I almost put her down on Monday but she is a strong one so I hate to do it but if I must I must maybe she needs some antibiotics. (I have amoxicillin) She Is the last of my 6 hens the darn bob cat got them all a few months ago and she was with the other 8 hens I raised this March now the are not allowed out of the coop (and they do not like that)

Her head feels warm to me

BTW We got the bobcat but I am sure he had friends.

any help would be great

Thanks
    Winelady

2. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know what to tell you except...I'm sorry about your hen and I'm glad you got him....you are right though his buddies will be back...I hope you get them too...

3. OvertheHenHouse

OvertheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    The way she's walking and holding her head - I wonder if she suffered some neurological damage. Just a thought - I'm so sorry this happened -

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by