Can't stop buying chicks and eggs

Thanks for all the nice comments. I think I have to develop a plan. I started with some mixed layers. Then wanting more eggs bought 20 Easter egg chicks. Then I wanted some meat chickens so I bought 20 Cornish Cross and they should be ready for the killing cone in a couple of weeks, just in time for X Mass. Then I started perusing the internet and found greenfire farms and decided that the birds are pretty beautiful and so I decided to go after rare pretty birds. So I think after I kill the Cornish cross, I just need to sell off the original birds and stick to the rare and exotic breeds. I'll keep mixing in some meat birds from time to time but I think its just a matter of finding one's niche and preferences.

-BYC-sign-flash.gif
But killing cone? :eek: :barnie

'Cull' is a great substitute for the word 'kill'

I would suggest to stop adding chickens to your flock since most of them aren't even old enough to sex. I would be concerned about the hen to rooster ratio as well. What are you plans to keep the chickens fed? Are you in a place where predators are a huge problem? A large flock like that will garner much attention from local wild and domesticated predators.

I just started this, built a 700 sq ft backyard coop, with multiple compartments. I keep buying chicks and now eggs for the two incubators that I also bought and I don't know what I am going to do with all the chickens and the poop. I am up to 80 chickens with about 60 on the way as eggs or preordered chicks. This is really addictive. Ugh
members.jpg

Back
Top Bottom