Can't wait to start hatching soon! Anyone else with 10/14 hatch day?

Mine are peeping! I can hear it when I am near by. Trying ever so hard to not peek, it is so hard. I really need to build a periscope so I can see in and all around though the vent hole. I guess my temp was alright since they are hatching on time. That is a big relief especially since this is my first time and I have no clue what I am doing! I know that my neighbors who lent me the incubator didn't know what they were doing at all and kept opening the door and then having to help chicks out of their shells, some of them were crippled and it was sad. I can see why that is hard though, after three weeks of waiting for chicks to hear them chirping without looking is darn near impossible! Somebody post pics so I can get a fix!

i have one bcm french standered in and wont hatch till on/around the 5. i will have some d'uccle eggs by sat that im going to be putting in (should hatch on or around the 7th). this is my first time hatching.
big_smile.png

I already caved! I had to look, I am so glad I did the little darling was sitting in the water pan! Sopping wet but really busy and alert. When I reached in to get the water pan out she jumped up and scrambled across the other eggs! Looks like a little girl! This is fun! It looks like she zipped really well, the egg was perfectly in two. Hope the rest do so easily!

So exciting - congrats to all the peeps and pips!
jumpy.gif

I have two orpington pips happening
yippiechickie.gif
and one silkie is still rocking up a storm - the rest are all quiet right now. Today is only Day 19 so they are early!

YAY! All 10 of my eggs that went into lockdown have all hatched!! I have NEVER had a hatch this great! My last 2 hatches I had zero hatch rate so this is a blessing!! I'm glad y'all are haveing pipping, peeping, and wobbling! Hope they make it!

Quote:
x2!
celebrate.gif

Sounds like there are a lot of chicks hatching today. So far I have 4 BR, 1 BCM, and 1 SFH!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Sorry the update took so long and I will post pics and/or video as soon as I can, but my laptop is having issues
he.gif
and I'm trying to back-up before it dies or I have to send it in for service.

Last edited:
I have 3 Buff Brahmas that I put on lockdown today. I started with 12 eggs though. Dang post office! Anways, hoping all 3 make it!! Good luck to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom