Can't wait to start hatching soon! Anyone else with 10/14 hatch day?

Quote:
Great! YEAH!
wee.gif

So the one that pipped early this morning finally is almost zipped open - just a little more and she'll be out - that's an orpington. I notice another orpington in the back has a tiny pip as well! Yeah! I almost don't want to go to bed and miss them hatching - but I know it can take a long time to go from pip to zip to hatch. So off to bed and tomorrow I hope to have a few more chicks hatched out.

wow everyone putting eggs in so latei hope all will do well i have 2 hens sittin right now and i don't want the chicks t get harmed by old man winter,wishall the best

Our first pip this evening!!! Yipppeeee! We have two eggs remaining in the 'bator as we lost the others to mailing stress and then incubator trouble in the first few days. I am really hoping that both of these will finish hatching before I have to head out of town on Saturday morning! I hope this little one will be out in the morning - the kids will be so thrilled (as will I!) Headed for bed - crazy day and busy one tomorrow again! Here is hoping that our twosome do well!

Woke up this morning to several hatches happened
jumpy.gif
- the count is 5 orpingtons and 2 silkies! I have 3 orpingtons that are still in the bator and 8 silkies. I've moved out the fluffed outs and we'll see if we get any more. The humidity is at 70% and temps hovering at 99.9F so it's still possible as TODAY is hatch day! LOL!

I know why I love watching them pip and hatch - it's like the feeling of "what's for Christmas" - a little surprize in each egg. I hear some faint chirps in the bator so I don't think we're done hatching yet - at least I hope not - I'd like some more Silkies to help reduce my odds of all roosters! LOL!

The first clutch we hatched was 4 roos and 1 pullet. Today we give away 3 of those roos
sad.png
but I know it's necessary as they will just get more aggressive towards each other and with so few hens and such a small property it's time to say goodbye to our White Leghorn roos.

here are some of our recent hatchlings
97463_chickes_018.jpg

97463_chickes_016.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom