Can't wait to start keeping chickens!

ginnielee2003

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 1, 2014
Hi everyone! I haven't raised chickens before, but after moving from the concrete hell of Tampa to beautiful NE Georgia, I am ready. Looking forward to learning and having fresh eggs! :)

welcome-byc.gif
like your enthusiasm
frow.gif

Do you know what kind of chickens you are looking for
cool.png

gander007
old.gif

Hi everyone! I haven't raised chickens before, but after moving from the concrete hell of Tampa to beautiful NE Georgia, I am ready. Looking forward to learning and having fresh eggs! :)

Go to Yo Georgias thread. There are plenty of BYC people across North Georgia willing to give you a hand. Those beautiful North Georgia mountains are hard to beat. I am in Middle Georgia off of I 75 South of Macon. Best of luck. I am sure that you will enjoy North Georgia and the chickens. Stop by on the way north and I will give you a dozen fresh eggs.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Just be careful on the amount of chickens you get at first. Usually people (myself included) plan on only raising a few, then they become so addicted to them they can't seem to get enough.
big_smile.png
D.gif
Enjoy!

I am thinking of getting Plymouth Rocks...it gets rather cold here in the winter and I don't want a birds who are too broody. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom