Can't walk

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tina73, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Tina73

Tina73 Just Hatched

Jul 26, 2016
    Hello everyone I'm new to the site and pretty new in the chicken business. I have them for pets only and we love the fresh egg.[​IMG]. But my question is I have a chick that is 8 weeks old today and she has 11 siblings that are all healthy. Last week I found Blanche with her foot hung in the wire and the other chicks running across her.[​IMG] I brought her inside immediately. She has been laying with her legs straight in front of her and barley tried to move until yesterday... Now she tries to get up but she can't it's like she flops around.. She eats and drinks great and poop looks good also.. She is very alert and sings the pretty songs.. I've been moving her legs back and forth they seem fine. My husband thinks it may be her back. Can anyone help me please?!?

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Sorry to hear about Blanche and her leg problems. It could possibly be that she just needs some time to recover from the incident. I see that you have posted in the emergency section already, I'm sure members there should be able to help you out further with how to help her best.

I hope she makes a recovery and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  4. cukuriku

cukuriku Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2016
    Hi there [​IMG], and [​IMG]!! It's so nice to have you join us in this very nice community! So sorry about your Blanche [​IMG] and hope she gets better! Have much success in your chicken raising!!

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Tina, nice to meet you. I hope the ER folks will be able to offer good advice and Blanche will fully recover.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by