Can't walk

Tina73

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2016
Hello everyone I'm new to the site and pretty new in the chicken business. I have them for pets only and we love the fresh egg.
1f600.png
. But my question is I have a chick that is 8 weeks old today and she has 11 siblings that are all healthy. Last week I found Blanche with her foot hung in the wire and the other chicks running across her.
1f622.png
I brought her inside immediately. She has been laying with her legs straight in front of her and barley tried to move until yesterday... Now she tries to get up but she can't it's like she flops around.. She eats and drinks great and poop looks good also.. She is very alert and sings the pretty songs.. I've been moving her legs back and forth they seem fine. My husband thinks it may be her back. Can anyone help me please?!?

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Sorry to hear about Blanche and her leg problems. It could possibly be that she just needs some time to recover from the incident. I see that you have posted in the emergency section already, I'm sure members there should be able to help you out further with how to help her best.

I hope she makes a recovery and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Last edited:
Hi there
frow.gif
, and
welcome-byc.gif
!! It's so nice to have you join us in this very nice community! So sorry about your Blanche
hugs.gif
and hope she gets better! Have much success in your chicken raising!!

Back
Top Bottom