Caramel Apple Jam Recipe (Featured on Front Page of Etsy)

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I kept meaning to share this, so many people have asked.

* 6 cups diced peeled apples (1/8-inch cubes)
* 1/2 cup water (or apple juice)
* 1/2 teaspoon butter (optional)
* 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
* 3 cups sugar
* 2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions:
In a Dutch oven, combine the apples, water and butter. (I use a large pot as I don't have a dutch over) Cook and stir over low heat until apples are tender, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add the sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg and return to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.

Last edited:
Just made a copy of your recipe. Sound's yummy.
droolin.gif
Thanks for sharing.

My batch this year did great, I used Rome apples and they run a very good size... much larger then granny apple and I think they stay crisp VERY well.

Don't forget to put your apples in water with lemon juice while you are peeling and waiting to make this. Stops them from turning brown before you cook them. Rome apples can stay very yellow/white through the whole process so they look super pretty in the jars!!!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31084609

il_fullxfull.90969158.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I nuked some of the jam last night and used it to marinaid pork chops of my husband and put them on the grill. He said they were the BEST pork chops he's ever had!

Back
Top Bottom