Care sheet? Ducks to new home!!!!

featherfinder

Runner Lover
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Pinallas Park, Florida
I am selling 2 of my runners to someone and these will be their first ducks. They are in the FFA and take animals to tha state fair and has been in a vet program for the past 3 years. We have been texting over the past few days and the ducks have a predetor proof shelter for night time and they are going to make them a pond. I have been giving them all the info that i can think of about ducks and they seem on a really good path. Plus has a teacher with 20 year experince behind them helping and coach this kid along. I feel like they are going to be really taken care of and have a good home.

What i was wonder is if anyone who sells their ducks has care sheets that they give to the people buying from them? If so can someone please e-mail me their version so i can give it to this person? They seem really eager and taking all the info i gave them. Even checked out BYC when i gave it to them. If no one has one already typed up then i will make my own list so all suggestion of what to put on it are greatly helpful and appreciated!!!

I do, but it's mostly for ducklings with just a small addendum for adult ducks.

However, I do have a basic primer on raising ducks that was printed in Grit magazine, and it's available on-line here.

The article contains all the basics they need to get started, especially on the second page. And if you click the "like" button on the first page, it makes a writer's angel get her wings or buys a starving writer a meal for a whole day or some other very happy thing like making me smile.
big_smile.png

I have two different ones I use- One just basic information about ducks- the other is a sheet I fill out about the ducklings. It has some basic information- but I can fill in a few lines specific to the duckling/s. I have things like their hatchdate- most likely sex or actual if known, information about how long they will need heat for as it can vary depending on how old the ducklings are already when being sold. Other information I include are things like- what to feed them- How to hold and carry a duck, how to give them a swim when little, housing needs, and some general heath care issues.

Quote:
They are adult ducks a little over a year old. Thats all i know about them. I did not raise them but another BYC'er did. What do you usually give out for your adult ducks?

I just have a sheet on basic general care - covering feed and water- swimming, parasite prevention,general heath, housing and predator protection. I usually tell people to allow at least an hour at my house when they come to buy birds so I can cover any questions they have as well as show them how I do things- they can see the flock- and the brooders, and leave a little more confident about the ducks they have just bought.

Quote:
Thank you. I will have a long care sheet by the looks
lol.png
I already asked him if when they came to get the ducks they wanted to see my set up and we could talk more about them. He said yes and will be there tomorrow or the day after. He has been texting me non stop with all sorts of questions on care and behavior. He siad they already had a shelter for them and was working on making a pond. He is taking my 2 black runners. Drake and hen.

Back
Top Bottom