1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Carrot tops

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by montverdechick, May 18, 2007.

1. montverdechick

montverdechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2007
    Central Florida
    I just picked some of my carrots. Can I feed them the tops? What about raw collard greens? Thanks!

2. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Yep, go for it !

3. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Hi I just checked online about the raw collard greens. I asked the same question on another forum about my baby goslings Everyone kept saying greens. Well we're from the south so I thought collard greens. Turns out there are alot more vitamins in a cup of collard greens sthen I realized. It has calcium and niacin. Niacin in very important in waterfowl. I was told to get livestock brewers yeast but no one around here for 100 miles carries it Now I don't have to worry as much. My geese love collard greens and they are getting their naicin. The chickens love it too. I throw the stalk into the pen and they have a free for all. Micki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by