1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cat and Chickens At Play!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bluey, Aug 1, 2008.

1. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Usually, our cat ignores and keeps her distance from our chickens. Lately she's been really playful with them, jumping up on a stump and getting them all excited...

They try to get to her but can't so they sqwawk all around the stump until she jumps down...

[​IMG]

2. ChickyPooh

ChickyPooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    Awww!!!

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Pets with hobbies - I love it! (Beautiful pic!)

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Our cats play bowling for chickens. That where you zip into the mass of hens to watch them scatter in all directions with much squawking and wing flapping. The hens must mostly enjoy it because if they are having a dust bath they often just stare down the cat while she's in mid-zip. It's fun to watch the cat try to stop when she realizes the hens aren't playing the game [​IMG]

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Pretty picture!

7. Curlita

Curlita Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    My cat is terrified of the girls. She keeps wanting to go out in the yard while they are free ranging, and then getting panicked when they make any move toward her to check her out. They unintentionally cornered her behind our garbage cans the other night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by