Cat attack, hen skin ripped,"PIC GRAPHIC"Help please

This is what it looks like now. You can see that there wasn't much skin to replace.

CrissysPictures020.jpg

still gross but better. I had just put her in a bitter container. Not ready to go outside yet.

Quote:
Her entire left side and from behind her comb and all the way down to the bottom of her neck was bare. I managed to cover quite a bit really. It does look alot better. It about grossed me out to have to pick at it to get the gauze out. Yesterday it almost resembled hamburger. I did it and she didn't squawk but a few times. If it had been me I would have been crying like a baby and insisting in pain pills.

She just closed her eyes and held her head most of the time so I could get at it. Very good patient. I know she's grateful for what I did and she will be a great pet for somebody.

My sister calls me, my mom calls me, my brother calls me, my boyfriend calls me, my friends call me to try and help their little or big critters...probably the only real talent I have somehow. Just letting you know I've seen some pretty gross open deep punctures ripped up gashed wounds that have all healed up with only scaring. Its amazing what wounds you think are deadly that heal up beautifully with a little TLC. Everyone does it different, for me, the epsom salt never fails me!

I know nobody goes by it but I called Fish and Game where I was directed from the humane society, here in Humboldt california I found out it is illegal to trap (even with those from the store) unless you have a permit to do so.

Quote:
The way I see it, as long as the person doesn't kill the vermin and sets it loose someplace else they havne't done anything illegal. Around here trappers do what they do for the pelts or the meat and the other, to rid the neusence from their property. Some will shoot the critter right in the cage then dispose of it or set it free a long way from home.

We cna't let these animals invade our homes and cause damage to us or our loved ones. Or to kill our livestock. WE have a right to protect our property.

Personally, I don't even have a trap and if something needs killed I just call DH. He's a hunter, i'm not.

Thanks, I'm glad too. I was worried the next day after it happened because there was alot of drainage and the gauze caught it all and looked pretty gross and it was yellow, but dry. But I ws pretty sure it wasn't infection. This morning when I gave her a good check after yesterday all that picking at it, i was releived she was fine. When she gets a scab, I'll put her in a cage in the house. She is in cramped quarters right now. My larger brooder actually. I moved her from the 20 gal aquarium to the large clear tub I use. I have different things I put them in duirng differend stages of growth. She is in the2 to 4 week olds brooder. I put the 4 week old's i have in the aquarium. They are still small. A silkie mix and a black old english banty. I'm afraid to put them outside just yet. I'm afraid they will get through the wire in the juvie cage.

Are you sure they understood that you meant live trap? It's illegal here, too, but not illegal to get a live trap and have the humane society move the animal. We're not allowed to relocate.

I don't know about your animal control, but ours is notably obtuse. So I'd make sure they know what you mean exactly.

You can also get a wildlife service to trap for you.

They could care less what we doin our yard. They turned their heads while an owner of many cows let them starve to death. Try to call the wildlife people and the only thing they are interested in are Eagles, injured hawks orphaned deer. If you have a pesky wild animal bothering you, you have to deal with it. They sell live traps by the bulk. We do't have forest rangers ridn'g around everywhere except the places like Reelfoot Lake. They preserve anything there.

Ever heard of The Dukes of Hazard? Well, thats how our justice system works around here. Our Judge does'nt even have a liscense to practice. Never been to school for doing what he does. He just got the job, he has family all over the place around here and they do what they want. Our land lord is related to him and he does what he wants too.

They would put us in jail if we killed an Eagle but as long as nobody knows or rats that person out, they get away with it scot free. Poacking is huge around here because of the lack of wildlife officers. They are stationed around Reelfoot lake moostly. Every once in a blue moon you might see one at a watershed or a pond. I am 46 years old and I have never been asked to see my fishing liscense.

Back
Top Bottom