Cat Attack resulted in ruptured eyeball -- HELP!

Well it looks like all my duck problems are happening all at once. My little mallard male showed up to check on Donna and I noticed his bill is chipped on one side and had been bleeding. I caught him and checked it out - he protested mightily because he is not used to being handled. It appears it is just chipped on the edge. I sprayed it with veteracyn. I'm beginning to think I need to stick to chickens. Anything else I need to do for him?
Most likely that will heal, use the ACV in their water for cleaning and antibacterial help and use the Vetericyn spray before bedtime.. Hows your original patient doing?

Original patient is improving steadily. This is one tough duck. Late last summer she Was bitten by a snake and I thought sure she was going to die. About 4 days in my sick bay and she was good to go I anticipate she will be fine afte this episode. The little mallard seems fine today. I will continue to treat both with the antibiotic spray and extra tlc.

Thank you for your concern and your guidance.

Original patient is improving steadily. This is one tough duck. Late last summer she Was bitten by a snake and I thought sure she was going to die. About 4 days in my sick bay and she was good to go I anticipate she will be fine afte this episode. The little mallard seems fine today. I will continue to treat both with the antibiotic spray and extra tlc.

Thank you for your concern and your guidance.
We just love it when they heal up and go back to being happy ducks again.
smile.png
makes for very happy owners too.

I see you are from NC -- we live in Wilson between Raleigh and Greenville. I should have known a good NC citizen would come to my rescue! Have a lovely summer. Dee

Meant to post earlier...Donna is fine! Turns out she did not lose that eyeball! Yeah! It is looking so normal. And in usual fashion, she faithfully laid her egg every day during her ordeal. She's quite a duck!

Here is miss Donna duck...very interested to see if any treats might fall out of my phone camera! Look at that eye! I'm so happy for her. What a girl!

Back
Top Bottom