Cat peeing? Help!!

abbymckinn

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 17, 2013
San Antonio, TX
I have a bengal cat who is probably 3 years old? She is a little, different, upstairs if you know what I mean... She has been peeing in weird places lately, and I'm not sure why or how to fix it! I got a new dog and I think it scares her, but they're getting along better. She's an indoor cat, and has two litter boxes (which she uses) please help! My mom said if we can't get her to stop we have to get rid of her, I really love her and don't want to get rid of her!! Any help would be so appreciated!!!

Definitely a new animal can stress a cat and cause them to urinate outside the litter box.

I would definitely try to give her a private area where only she has access (the puppy cannot get in). Dog gates work perfect for this. Our cat was stressed for a awhile when I brought my new dog home to visit. So we gated off the laundry room where her litter box was and she was much more relaxed. We also have her a cat bed up high so the dogs couldn't get to her. She's been much more confident now that she has gotten used to the new dog but it did take a little while so we had to have patience.

Back
Top Bottom