Cat Problem--1000th post --a final update--She's Back!! Add a pic p 6

woodmort, we had to rescue one our Tips cat from the porch roof this morning. For some reason it made me think of you.
wink.png

Quote:
smile.png
So now I've become the patron saint of lost cats? I managed to trap a very large coon and a cottontail rabbit today (I guess rabbits like cat food). No sign of Midnite however.

Is there a way you can prevent coons from getting into the traps by putting them up on a table? One that coons can't climb on but cats can jump on?

Quote:
smile.png
So now I've become the patron saint of lost cats? I managed to trap a very large coon and a cottontail rabbit today (I guess rabbits like cat food). No sign of Midnite however.

Actually I was thinking "I can picture woodmort doing this for his wife" as the cat climbed from my chest, under my armpit, and up my back to sit on my shoulders on the way down the ladder. (Yeah, that felt great.)

Quote:
Unless I could suspend the table in midair I doubt it, coons will climb almost anything. But thanks for the idea. I now have a couple of game cams scattered in areas where we think she could be hiding. If we had a better idea where she's gone to ground we'd have a better chance of catching her. The problem is the two places that are the best locations for this either have no one living there now or the owner is gone from 4 am until 4 pm.

Orchid--learned the hard way long ago if a cat can get on the roof it can get down--they don't like to be picked off the roof. We have one that goes from our deck to a flowering crab tree then onto the roof where he naps. Little disconcerting to look up at the skylight and see a white-faced cat peering back at you.
smile.png

About the owner who's gone all the time, have you tried sending her a letter or leaving a note on her door? I hope you catch kitty soon and
hugs.gif
to your wife.

DW caught up to her this weekend--I had made up business cards with a picture of the cat, description and phone number that we stuck in the door. DW also called the summer people and we have permission to do what we need to do around their place as well. Today we bait the traps with fish as well as aimed my two game cams at them. Once we know exactly where she is holding up we'll have a better chance at getting her--if she wants to be captured.

Been following this thread and hoping you capture your cat or she comes home. I am a dog person so hard to think like a cat but my first thought was if she has been an indoor cat her whole life she just might be really enjoying herself out there exploring a whole new world, hunting etc. Once it's not so new anymore I'll bet she comes home. If she was in with the other cats at night she should be familiar with them. Hope they let her come home. Maybe some evening after everyone else is in.

I'm of the opinion that if she wants to come home, she will eventually but DW wants to be proactive. Right now things have to be fairly easy for her--weather isn't all that bad and there is plenty of prey around. Once that changes and assuming she remembers how things were before, home may be a pretty good idea. Inasmuch as we have notified all the neighbors, if she shows up seeking shelter we should hear about it. As I keep telling DW, the ball is in her court.

When I went to check the traps this afternoon I noticed the one by my mother's old modular home(about 200 yds from our house) where DW had been leaving mackerel was sprung. As I got closer I saw two eyes and a dark face peering out at me. Loaded her into the car and brought her home where DW jumped up and down and cried to see her "baby".
ya.gif
Once released from the trap Midnite alternated between eating mouthfuls of food and getting on DW's lap. She doesn't look much worse for wear other than she's alive with fleas and can't seem to get warm--it's in the upper 60's outside but she also may have been in the trap since early this am. We managed to Frontline her and last I looked she was under the comforter at the end of the bed. Thanks to all who offered encouragement and advice, it's helped. Now we can get back to subnormal again.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom