Cataracts?

Sorry about the eyes...

Let me know if the ivermectin works for the lice. I tried it on chickens, but it didn't work.

-Kathy

Sorry about the eyes...

Let me know if the ivermectin works for the lice. I tried it on chickens, but it didn't work.

-Kathy

Worked overnight! Had the vet look for them and she found none. Here is a pic of the other eye yesterday when we used the Ivermec.

I will post what the vet found later this evening when I have more time.

The vet said he is blind. Her opinion is that he has been that way for a long time and is perhaps the reason he has never gotten up on a roost. The cloudy opaque spot on the lens only allows for a bit of peripheral vision in one eye. The other does not seem to work at all.

sad.png
he.gif

Kudos for noticing & figuring it out. Did the vet have any opinion as to why? Are there any obvious possibilities other than the genetic one?

I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

The vet said he is blind. Her opinion is that he has been that way for a long time and is perhaps the reason he has never gotten up on a roost. The cloudy opaque spot on the lens only allows for a bit of peripheral vision in one eye. The other does not seem to work at all.
So sorry! What will you do with him?

-Kathy

I heard of some progressive pied bronze peacocks that gone blind before, i think Alex had one? Anyway, for such a new color like peach you can imagine how many related birds were bred together to create a peach silver pied bird, and peach birds already have some genetic issues without being inbred, best choice will be buying spalding peach birds or regular peaches out of split birds.

I heard of some progressive pied bronze peacocks that gone blind before, i think Alex had one? Anyway, for such a new color like peach you can imagine how many related birds were bred together to create a peach silver pied bird, and peach birds already have some genetic issues without being inbred, best choice will be buying spalding peach birds or regular peaches out of split birds.

The breeder I got them from said he did not have any Peach SP cocks but did offer me a free IB Pied split Peach.
thumbsup.gif

He is putting it in the mail tomorrow.
wee.gif
It isn't what I bought, but I am very appreciative that he offered a replacement bird and according to what Q8 just said it may be a better choice.

Back
Top Bottom