Catching up with Steven

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by WriterofWords, Nov 5, 2011.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've had some emails in my absence asking how my son has been doing. It's hard to believe it's been almost 4 years since I joined BYC, and a lot has changed for us. Steven is doing well, not everything has gone as he had planned, life tends to do that sometimes and we get derailed for a bit. He is closing in on 3 years of service now, and on Nov 23 he will be 20. We've had some very rough spots between us, but still tell each other we love the other often. He is an E-4, getting ready to be an E-5 soon.
    Thank you for your caring, and your questions, and thinking of him.

When we started BYC and he was 16:
    [​IMG]
    Basic Training:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now:
    [​IMG]
    With Congressman Pearce at my school:
    [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

He has matured and he is soo handsome!!!!! I have been on a few on those rides with the two of you and it has all worked out in the end. Parent/child conflicts are ALWAYS going to happen and you handled them well. [​IMG]

3. violetsky

violetsky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Huntsville, Alabama
    You must be very proud of him.

4. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Quote:x2
    Seems like you've done well. [​IMG]

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you, I am VERY proud of him and Debi you have ALWAYS been there for me, and for us, no matter what. I will always appreciate that and care very deeply for you.

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I am so glad to see you back. Steven is such a good looking young man. Good job MOMMA!

7. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Kate, I have been on here for a little more than 2 years, and one of the things I liked best when I first started here were your stories. I miss them, and wish you would post more. BYC is a much more interesting place with you on it.

Oh and Steven looks great, he turned into a very handsome young man.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  8. debilorrah

Quote:I care for you as well Kate. One of these days we will manage to meet up!!! That will be a very good day indeed.

9. debilorrah

Quote:Watch out for this member. She is SOO pushy! Always on my case to post more. [​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    LOL Thanks and I'm considering posting more, it all depends on the atmosphere. I like friendly, pushy people!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by