Catchy Coop Names - Thoughts?

Best Coop Name Theme

• "Townhouse" names. Examples: The Ashford Coop, The Brookville Coop, The Manchester Coop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Past U.S. Presidents. Examples: The Carter, The Coolidge, The Madison

• New York City inspired names. Examples: The Lexington Coop, The Bleecker Coop, The Fulton Coop

• "Fun" coop names. Examples: CoopDeVille, The Egg Plant, Hen Den, Over Easy Inn

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

nychick83

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2017
This is a continuation of a discussion I began back in April of this year. I received some VERY helpful responses from members on other aspects of the plans. The short recap is that I have 12 new coop plan designs that I plan to sell on my website/etsy but- I NEED HELP with coop names.

I have hit a roadblock because I have ideas on a few different themes. I know names are probably not critical to the success of the plans, but I still want to have appealing names that have the right "fit". If you would be so kind to reply with which you like best (and why if you have a few extra minutes to explain) I would appreciate it so much! For added incentive to hear from you all, I will send a 75% off coupon for any set of plans to all those who reply. If you don't care about the coupon, it would still be nice to hear your thoughts:

• What I call "Townhouse" names. These are slightly more formal/uniform. Examples would be: The Ashford Coop, The Brookville Coop, The Manchester Coop.
  • Past U.S. Presidents. Examples would be: The Carter, The Coolidge, The Madison
  • New York City inspired names (I lived there for a period of time). Examples would be: The Lexington Coop, The Bleecker Coop, The Fulton Coop
  • "Fun" coop names. Many are inspired by this forum. Examples would be: CoopDeVille, The Egg Plant, Hen Den, Over Easy Inn

Keep in mind these will be the coop model names on my website. I was thinking maybe to use one of the first three bullets above, and then putting together a fun "coop naming guide" that comes with the coop plans and consists of names similar to the last bullet point above. This way, people can name the coop themselves and the names on the website are simply the coop plan model, not the coop name.

Thank you all so much in advance for your help! I cant wait to hear your input and replies! Have a good day!

-Maria

Thank for the reply! I am waiting on some more votes to come in. Here are a few renderings of the coops:

SmallCoop 3v2 Rendering2.jpg
MedCoop 4 Rendering2.jpg
MedCoop 2 Rendering.jpg

I like the first and last one,but,on the second one,the ramp leads into the fence,so how are the chickens supposed to come in and out of the house?

I like the first and last one,but,on the second one,the ramp leads into the fence,so how are the chickens supposed to come in and out of the house?
The ramp leads to the under-side of the coop (the view is being obscured by the open door), where there is a square door. The ramp is inside the enclosure, as is the door, so they basically can roam in/out of the coop into the built in run. Thanks for your feedback!

This is a continuation of a discussion I began back in April of this year. I received some VERY helpful responses from members on other aspects of the plans. The short recap is that I have 12 new coop plan designs that I plan to sell on my website/etsy but- I NEED HELP with coop names.

I have hit a roadblock because I have ideas on a few different themes. I know names are probably not critical to the success of the plans, but I still want to have appealing names that have the right "fit". If you would be so kind to reply with which you like best (and why if you have a few extra minutes to explain) I would appreciate it so much! For added incentive to hear from you all, I will send a 75% off coupon for any set of plans to all those who reply. If you don't care about the coupon, it would still be nice to hear your thoughts:

• What I call "Townhouse" names. These are slightly more formal/uniform. Examples would be: The Ashford Coop, The Brookville Coop, The Manchester Coop.
  • Past U.S. Presidents. Examples would be: The Carter, The Coolidge, The Madison
  • New York City inspired names (I lived there for a period of time). Examples would be: The Lexington Coop, The Bleecker Coop, The Fulton Coop
  • "Fun" coop names. Many are inspired by this forum. Examples would be: CoopDeVille, The Egg Plant, Hen Den, Over Easy Inn

Keep in mind these will be the coop model names on my website. I was thinking maybe to use one of the first three bullets above, and then putting together a fun "coop naming guide" that comes with the coop plans and consists of names similar to the last bullet point above. This way, people can name the coop themselves and the names on the website are simply the coop plan model, not the coop name.

Thank you all so much in advance for your help! I cant wait to hear your input and replies! Have a good day!

-Maria
TheEgg'nEye

After the 1940s movie with Claudette Colbert "The Egg and I"

Back
Top Bottom