'C'ats 'A're 'T'ruly 'S'pecial

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Gloryjasmine, Aug 25, 2015.

1. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Awesome cats! They are so lucky to have found you! I love the picture of Austin and Sam stretched out together. They look like they are pretending to be dogs. Our cats stretch out in the funniest positions too!

I'm sorry about Drew. He was a very happy cat living with you. You gave him an awesome life.

Cedar, our dog, thinking that some how this could possibly be comfortable
    [​IMG]

Nym, learning from Cedar
    [​IMG]

2. Belle7

Belle7 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2015
    Catz!!!!

3. Gloryjasmine

Gloryjasmine Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    This is an outside cat that showed up last September. The shelter wouldn't come get him. So,me being the cat lover that I am....started feeding him. And we all know what happens when you feed a cat!!! His name is Audi. (Cause he's an outside boy;but spelled like the car). He's the daddy to the five kittens we just rehomed. And the daddy of the babies she's fixin to have soon. We're trying to get them both fixed!!!!
    [​IMG]
    This is Layla. These are her 5 kittens that are now rehomed. She's currently Prego. After this litter,she's getting spayed!!! Along with Audi getting neutered. We're in love with them both. So needless to say..... They'll come back to stay our outside cats. They have no issues with the chickens other than the chickiedoos keep eating their cat food!!!! Gross.

4. Gloryjasmine

Ps..... The kittens were here for almost 5 months after being born. It took me getting them to trust me and then tricking them into a cage with food. I felt horrible but relieved knowing they'd get good homes and have a chance at a long,healthy life. I'm not letting the next litter get past 8 weeks. As soon as they're weened......

5. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    I love seeing new born kittens! We got our barn cats neutered and spayed also, and kittens are a lot of work, but I still miss their little mews and them cuddling all together on my lap. At one point Tabby, the momma of a couple of our litters, even let them nurse from her while she was on my lap. She trusted me so much then, now she won't let me touch her. That is how she always was, she was friendly when pregnant and nursing but scared of us when she wasn't. Silly girl.

Tabby and her seven kittens (Billy, Milly, Misty, Ebony, Spotty, Ivory, and Sugar)
    [​IMG]

The two siamese kittens are showing their dark markings coming in
    [​IMG]

Toddling kittens learning to drink and eat on their own
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  6. Gloryjasmine

Ahhhhhhhhhh I love it! These are current photos?

7. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    No, its from a few years ago. We got our girl spayed and now she won't let me touch her or get near her. We adopted out the kittens.

We have raised other kittens before, however.

This is Nym, an orphan we raised. He thinks he's really cool.
    [​IMG]

Tabby with her first litter, including Miracle
    [​IMG]

Tabby when she was born, with her two siblings and her mother, Scardy Cat (who is still tame, despite having been very shy as a kitten, hints the name)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  8. chickendreams24

chickendreams24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2015
    Wisconsin, USA
    Awww I miss having kittens every year. This is the kitten Luna I hand raised from day old after her Mom and litter were ran over by a lawn mower. I know its awful, DH2B's father did not know she had given birth in some tall grass.
    [​IMG]

9. Gloryjasmine

Scaredy cat is absolutely gorgeous! She's like a calico tabby! I love them too but they're so expensive. What really pisses me off,Is people who have animals and don't take responsibility for them. Let them wander around outside or abandon them,and don't ever fix them!!! That's why we have all had experiences with raising them. Due to dufwads who have no business having them in the first place. Ooohhh don't even get me started. I'm excited about Layla's upcoming litter don't get me wrong! I've just got to make sure these helpless lives get what they deserve and so does she. She's young yet. Too many litters are so hard on a cats body. Daddy cat,Audi,doesn't mind! Typical male..... Lol ha ha God never intended for animals of all kinds to be mistreated. I believe it grieves His heart when one of his creations suffer.

10. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    What a precious kitten. I'm so sorry about the other cats. We have certainly lost our share, and its always hard.

How is Luna now?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by