'C'ats 'A're 'T'ruly 'S'pecial

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Gloryjasmine, Aug 25, 2015.

1. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    I found some old pictures of Nym! Back when we still thought he was a girl. [​IMG] He was so cute! Now he's kind of a mean big boy, but he's still my baby cat.
    He was an orphan, so we tried to introduce him to the ferrets to be his friend, but they bullied him. Until he got older, then he bullied them.

Nym with Navasca

[​IMG]

Nym playing with Kitty (the dog)
    [​IMG]

Nym looking SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Nym playing with his nerf dart, showing off those big paws of his
    [​IMG]

Nym cuddling in his hat (he slept with it at night and rested in it during the day)
    [​IMG]

Nym playing with Bribon
    [​IMG]

2. Gloryjasmine

Gloryjasmine Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are soooooo adorable!!!!! I just love when they're babes!!!

3. chickendreams24

chickendreams24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2015
    Wisconsin, USA
    Awww I'll post some more of little Luna when she wasn't such a terror. She's currently trying to help Daddy clean up a large pile of dog vomit from Bella, the great dane. Ewww no thank you Luna for your help lol

4. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Our dogs love doing that. Yuck. [​IMG]

5. Gloryjasmine

So our outside cat,Layla,is about to pop!!!! I mean she looks like a pumpkin on toothpicks if I ever saw one!!!!! Lol She's so tiny too. I just hate that I wasn't able to get her spayed and daddy neutered before this happened again. This is the 2nd pregnancy since April. Poor wittle ting....its gotta be so hard on her body. I'll send pics after she's had them and she's content. (Does anyone else's dog try to eat the chicken poo??) gag!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Its always so exciting when a cat is about to have kittens, even if you didn't mean to have them. It is always just so amazing! [​IMG]

And yes, dogs adore chicken poop. [​IMG]

7. Gloryjasmine

I know! I'm trying to get a good pic of her rolly pollyness! She's adorable! Ok good I'm not the only one who's dog adores poo![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] lol

8. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    I just thought I would share some kitten stories!

Our first cat to give birth was Scardy-cat. We were new to cats and hadn't gotten her spayed, so she got pregnant, the father being a large orange cat. Too large. The poor thing was bleeding a ton! We found a pile of 5 kittens, two dead, one near death, and two that were mostly dry. We brought her and the living kittens inside. Two of the dead ones were orange kittens, which were too large, and the third orange kitten, Sherbert, died a couple days later from pneumonia.

However, we got two wonderful kittens, Pygmy and Tabby, out of all of it.

Here are teh three of them. The bloody part of the cat is cut off, but it was pretty bad!
    [​IMG]

Esther trying to help Sherbert feel better, the poor thing. She was a good mommy to the kitten.
    [​IMG]

Tabby growing up
    [​IMG]

Tabby learning how to live in the barn, with goats and chickens.
    [​IMG]

Eventually tabby matured, and while Scardy Cat was neutered, Tabby was not. So there were more kittens to come.

9. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Tabby was very pregnant, and we brought her into the basement. That night she gave birth. I went down to spend time with her, and she pressed up against me, contracting. I wasn't sure what was going on at first, until I saw blood under her tail. I ran upstairs to tell the others, and when we came down we found two kittens, one born while she was running to the box and another "dead" in her kitten box. My mother revived the kitten by breathing into its mouth (we named it Miracle) and four more kittens were born, making 6 in the litter.

Tabby cleaning a kitten
    [​IMG]

Tabby giving birth and cleaning her kittens
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Tabby with her new litter, including Miracle and Chester Jr. (their father was a stray named Chester)
    [​IMG]

Gerbil was a great adopted daddy. He tried to keep them all in one place or he would panic. Here he is trying to hold a kitten still. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

However, Tabby refused to get spayed. She got outside and got pregnant right away again.

10. Gloryjasmine

Those are truly great stories! Except for the deaths. But seems like y'all were still blessed with great cats!!! I just love cats. They're my favorite animal. I want your Scardy cat......she's so darn cute. A calico tabby! I've never seen one. I'm trying to talk my husband into letting us keep one of Layla's kittens. I haven't had a girl in years. Seems as though all of the strays or wilds that have come into my life have been boys!!! Don't get me wrong! My Austin is my son for sure. And my Sam. And every cat I've ever had. I just miss having a girl around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by