Votes: 71 29.0%

Votes: 46 18.8%

Votes: 22 9.0%

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • more than five

Votes: 42 17.1%

• Total voters
Pics
The highlander lynx cats/kittens are fantastic pets. They are more dog-like than cat. You can walk them on a leash, play fetch, come when called. All mine have grown up or are raised with my other cats and dogs. Everyone gets along just fine. I do have the original Queen that does have more wild blood in her and she stays out in the woods more than here at home. She will come home about 1 or 2 times a week to get her special can food and may spend the night with me, then she goes back out to the woods catching mice, squirrels, rabbits or whatever she does out there. They are special cats, ears that cure back with the tips of the ears touching the back side of the ear. We raise them to get the extra toes (polydactyl or Hemingway). Some are born with a natural short tail, a hock or a long tail. We do dock some of the tails by a Vet. if needed. I will have a new litter this week, hopefully. A very good friend in Alabama is a great breeder of these fine cats, look her website up: rottins.net and her site will tell you what you need to know about these great wild looking cats. The photo above is from an older litter, the washed out red one in the middle was a stud until the cafe next door did away with him after we complained about them pouring used grease in our ditch! Notice the curled ears.
:clap AWESOME! I love all the information! Yeah see our cats are a lot like your most feralish one our cats aren't even wild they just love the outdoors and eat tons of wild critters no mice or rat problems! We have a few sweet hearts though like my kitten Pumpkin she is beyond cute and sweet.Id love to see pictures of the new batch of babies!

Still waiting on Marley to have the new litter. Will let everyone know when she starts and pics will follow. Keep your fingers crossed!!

My neighbor has a new young cat. The last few days this is how I find her. She hasn't attacked them but he sure stalks them. They are just to big for her. I have one chicken that will chase her:)

Crumbs, that cat looks a bit predatory - hope your neighbor feeds him!! My cats love watching the chickens they don't go for them but we have a real feral cat problem so i have completely fenced off my girls and they get shut up at night in their house which cost a fortune to build. My hubby says that he has never had such expensive eggs in all his life!!!!

Crumbs, that cat looks a bit predatory - hope your neighbor feeds him!!  My cats love watching the chickens they don't go for them but we have a real feral cat problem so i have completely fenced off my girls and they get shut up at night in their house which cost a fortune to build.  My hubby says that he has never had such expensive eggs in all his life!!!!

I'm keeping a eye on the kitty. I think it mostly likes hanging out. I have my big boy "Moose" who patrols for cats in his territory. I live in a very small country town no locked doors and kids ride bikes everywhere. Which also means people tend to have dogs that run around. They worry me the most. So when I let the chickens out I have to baby sit like a Rooster. Were fencing off our property in a couple weeks. I can't wait. Lol about your husband. Mine also thinks our chickens are very spoiled. He came home yesterday and I had two chickens on my lap. He smiles and shakes his head. He likes the chickens and all but I have become the chicken mom.
This is Speckles and Brie. Brie seen Speckles on my lap yesterday and decided she wanted a spot. :)

This is Speckles everyday

How are your babies doing? I had a cup of scratch feed in my lap yesterday and 4 different chickens were thinking of jumping on me. Food seems:/ to be the thing that makes them brave enough to try to jump on my lap. :) I've had my adult chickens in a run next to my little ones for three weeks now. Finally yesterday they were all mingling and foraging together. Never thought it was going to happen. Maybe another week or two and they all go in the coup together. I'm still nervous about the fighting so putting it off for now. Well off to hang with my peeps :) have a good day!

Oh wow, speckles is amazing I am still struggling to get mine to trust me, i had lunch with them today!! and they seemed really interested in my chicken pie!! can't wait for the babies to grow up I am just worried that they are both roos!!

Anyway your town sounds like fun being able to bike around. Unfortunately its not too safe for kids or infact anyone to run;walk free here incase of mugging but we all have to live somewhere. Once the gates are shut we are safe hopefully!! got enough security for Fort Knox with motion sensors and cameras. The only thing is my Cat, Roo, has such a longtail and is always holding it upthat he sends the sensors off,, and I have explain to the security Company that its Roo so they are a bit sick of me. This weekend we are planning to move them up a bit!!!

You also have a supa weekend, mine is pretty much planned as my son is having a computer lan so its masses of cooking and feeding, oh joy!!!

I just have to show you the babies, they have grown so much and also the expensive house for Henry and his girls!! - I didn't know that chickens can fight with the little ones. Mine all seem to get on perhapw I shall have to watch out for fighting later on - hope not though. n Henry isvery sweet with the babies so far - anyway here is a pic

Oh wow, speckles is amazing I am still struggling to get mine to trust me, i had lunch with them today!! and they seemed really interested in my chicken pie!! can't wait for the babies to grow up I am just worried that they are both roos!!

Anyway your town sounds like fun being able to bike around.  Unfortunately its not too safe for kids or infact anyone to run;walk free here incase of mugging but we all have to live somewhere. Once the gates are shut we are safe hopefully!! got enough security for Fort Knox with motion sensors and cameras.  The only thing is my Cat, Roo, has such a longtail and is always holding it upthat he sends the sensors off,, and I have explain to the security Company that its Roo so they are a bit sick of me.  This weekend we are planning to move them up a bit!!!

You also have a supa weekend, mine is pretty much planned as my son is having a computer lan so its masses of cooking and feeding, oh joy!!!

Nice chicken castle:) Your babies are soooo cute! love the feet! Henrey is handsome as well:). I had a rooster a year ago but after he attacked my kids a couple times he had to go. I didn't establish dominance with him. He was HUGE! He did make me nervous. Next time I'll do it all different. Going to wait another year or two. One of my adult girls is a snot to the babies. If they come near her she chases them. Pecks them if she gets close enough. Ticks me off! As soon as they are a little bigger they can put her in her place. For now I give her the "eye" and she goes the other way.
To bad about your neighborhood. There are ups and downs to small town too. Your right we all have to live somewhere. I discovered a new cat today. They are just showing up everywhere. I'm thinking we have a stray problem starting. :( By the way I totally feel ya on the cooking. I have 4 kids and a husband that are always hungry. Feels like I'm a food machine at times. :). Have a good one! :)

Back
Top Bottom