Cats?

Bairchickens

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 4, 2014
Cats have recently been stalking my 3 full grown chickens.

Would the cat be able to harm/kill them? If so, what do I do?

Please help :)

Do you have any roosters? Usually roosters won't put up with cats stalking their girls unless they are little silkie roosters or something lol. Our Key West roos keep any stray cats away and our own cats know to stay far away from them. The KW roos even stalk the cats from time to time if they are just getting a little too close to their girls or chicks and not even doing anything threatening.

Do you have any roosters? Usually roosters won't put up with cats stalking their girls unless they are little silkie roosters or something lol. Our Key West roos keep any stray cats away and our own cats know to stay far away from them. The KW roos even stalk the cats from time to time if they are just getting a little too close to their girls or chicks and not even doing anything threatening.

x2 on this. If you can, get yourself a roo. They're pretty good at chasing off small predators.
My cats don't bother my chickens, but my rooster still makes sure they keep their distance, and keeps the strays away. With most predators, if the prey fights back, it's not worth it!

cats just playing soon they will lose interest and run away from them, yes they can kill a chicken easy (what can't?) but almost never happens with pet cats or even ferals much. Most lack the skills to take on prey that size even though they could easily do it they do not know the proper way to dispatch it so they lose interest when they get a mouth full of feathers or get attacked like the other poster said cats do not like things that fight back or do not run from them. They do kill snakes very easy though even 3 or 4 foot rat snakes its like a game for cats to wack down the snake or something. Rooster will take care of them. HOpefully they are eating the mice around ur place if u have any.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom