Cattle Dogs (Queensland) Changing?

I can handle all 3 :-]
The feisty puppy Alex does not growl anymore. They get their first set of shots tomorrow. They don't go potty in the car and will tell me or my mom when they need to go, I bring a pee pad always though, just in case. I can't wait until they get bigger though or to Clementine's age, they would love walks and the park here. The puppies did try biting the chickens but the hens have been pecking them if the pups bug them so they completely ignore them. The ignore the goats too and hate the pygmy, he will not put up with the puppies' shenanigans and head butt them if he needs to. I've only seen it 2 times though and it doesn't seriously hurt the puppies, it's like a rough shove. They shake it off and start sulking in their puppy corner lol

That's great! I'm impressed. If my dogs weren't crate trained, I think I would be out of my mind by now. Well done
thumbsup.gif

Basically you train them that the crate is their own personal quiet time. They love it and you get to enjoy the peace and quiet. It's also great for multiple dogs if you want to only take one out or something, you have a secure place they can stay while you're gone. Some do really well with it, others hate it, so you really have to know what you're doing. Make sure it's done right. Highly recommended by most trainers.
Also good if you have an ill dog that needs to stay immobile for a while.
Just tons of reasons to do it, really.

Hey I couldn't find the info on any ACD websites about the tan markings - I'm wondering if a dog does not have them, is it a conformation fault?

From a website:

The Australian Cattle Dog, also known as the Australian Heeler, Hall's Heeler, Queensland Heeler and Blue Heeler, is a courageous, tireless, robust, compact working dog. The dog is agile, well-muscled, powerful and determined while working. The length of the body is a little longer than it is tall. The tail is held moderately low, hanging at a slight curve. The front legs are straight, strong, round bone, extending to the feet. The feet are round and the toes are short. The skull is broad and slightly curved between the ears, flattening to a slight but definite stop. The ears are wide-set, moderate in size and pricked when alert. The nose is black. The dark brown, medium-sized eyes are oval in shape. The teeth should meet in a scissor-bite, with the lower incisors closing behind and just touching the upper. The ACD has a smooth double coat with a short dense undercoat.

Thought this part would answer your question:

Coat colors include red speckled, blue, blue-mottled or blue speckled with or without other markings. Black markings are not desired in the show ring. Puppies are born white because of a gene they inherited from the early Dalmatian crosses. You can sometimes tell the adult color by looking at the paw pads

Last edited:
This is my cattle dog mix I'm not sure what he is mixed with, I rescued him from the shelter a year ago and he is the sweetest and a very smart dog he love to be around me, he is small and doesn't weigh much lol I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out what he is

Cute! My guess would be lab just based on common breeds, but I don't know. They have cheek swab breed DNA tests that were accurate for us. I hear they can be hilariously inaccurate too though.

I thought of him being mixed with a lab but he just doesn't seem to be the size of a lab, him standing is lower than your knee, lol I was thinking about the DNA tests how much are they, his name is Ryder very sweet dog and loved to play with his toys, loves to jump and play frisbee ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom