Cattle Dogs (Queensland) Changing?

They tend to be a bit pricey ($40-60 for many). I asked for mine as my Christmas present. :) They actually seem to work best on purebred dogs (ie. your dog looks like no other breeds are mixed in and you just want to test that) and get more inaccurate the more breeds that are thrown in.

Oh lol I will try to look into getting one for my boy, I'm super curious at to what he is but it doesn't matter what he breed he is he is still a great dog, I have another question how do I get him used to your mini donkeys he will just bark at them and haven't put them together yet afraid he with hurt them also with chickens he will just sit on the other side of the fence concentrating on them watching there ever move how to I help that

Tether him to you, correct any interest he shows and reward his ignoring the animals entirely is one method. The methods used depend a lot on the dog and what you are dealing with too (ie. prey drive, curiosity, etc), but that one is a pretty safe one to start with. :)

I have a reverse speckle cattle dog whose name is Dennis. Found him at our local dog park about 5 1/2 years ago. Someone had left him there overnight and, apparently, on purpose hoping that some sap like me would take him home. I knew he was a cattle dog because of the way he acts but have been trying to find out about his coloring since he came to live with me. Met a women yesterday that had a dog years ago that looked just like Dennis. She had been told when she rescued her dog that she was a reverse speckle. I have been looking on the web trying to find what I can about reverse speckles since yesterday. Your post is the only reference I could find. If you can tell me you know about about reverse speckles I would be very grateful? Do you have any photos? Are their personalities the same as any other cattle dogs? Dennis is a great herder but very stubborn and is a barking fool. Very protective of his "things" like me, his car, his house, his tennis balls etc.
Here is a photo of Dennis.

Hi Sunny2u Dennis is a great looking dog. As for the coloring I wouldnt mind betting its a bit of white dingo coming out in him.
The dingos can be white (theres a few around town) , black brown ect though they are mostly a sandy gingerish color.

Howdy all ACD lovers. I noticed no new post on here but maybe this post will get every back to talking again. I read the 1st few pages and the last. Some of the ones I've noticed getting bigger didn't have nearly the fat or short short snout as the pics on here. My 1st one had a blocky head and broad shoulders. For her little body. That is one reason the bigger bones not the short noses is the ability to take a hit and put a quick bite on something. For when your working new cattle in an area not sheep or goats that are trained to go in.

Back
Top Bottom